Question: problems in reading a file in AgiMicroRna package
0
gravatar for neelakandanbt
23 months ago by
National Institute of Technology
neelakandanbt0 wrote:

Hi, 

I'm using the package AgiMicroRna for analysing my dataset. I have succefully uploded the target file.

After uploading the target file when i tried to read the file im getting the following error while reading the 13th file. 

the 

>dd.micro1=readMicroRnaAFE(targets1.micro,verbose=TRUE)

reading file  1  -  GSM1511526_US10353831_252929710061_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_1_1.txt 
reading file  2  -  GSM1511527_US10353831_252929710061_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_1_2.txt 
reading file  3  -  GSM1511528_US10353831_252929710061_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_1_3.txt 
reading file  4  -  GSM1511529_US10353831_252929710061_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_2_1.txt 
reading file  5  -  GSM1511530_US10353831_252929710061_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_2_2.txt 
reading file  6  -  GSM1511531_US10353831_252929710061_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_2_3.txt 
reading file  7  -  GSM1511532_US10353831_252929710061_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_2_4.txt 
reading file  8  -  GSM1511533_US10353831_252929710062_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_1_1.txt 
reading file  9  -  GSM1511534_US10353831_252929710062_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_1_2.txt 
reading file  10  -  GSM1511535_US10353831_252929710062_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_1_3.txt 
reading file  11  -  GSM1511536_US10353831_252929710062_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_1_4.txt 
reading file  12  -  GSM1511537_US10353831_252929710062_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_2_2.txt 
reading file  13  -  GSM1511538_US10353831_252929710062_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_2_3.txt 
Error in Newagi[[a]][, n] <- obj[, columns[[a]]] : 
number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length 2  -  

          Then i tried to upload the 13th file alone seperately and it was showing the following error.

the command and the output is given. i dont know what went wrong kindly help me in this.

dd.micro2=readMicroRnaAFE(targets1.micro,verbose=TRUE)

reading file  1  -  GSM1511538_US10353831_252929710062_S01_miRNA_1010_Sep10_2_3.txt 

 

  uRNAList: 

dd$TGS: 'gTotalGeneSignal'  

dd$TPS: 'gTotalProbeSignal'  

dd$meanS: 'gMeanSignal'  

dd$procS: 'gProcessedSignal'  

 

Warning message:

In scan(file = file, what = what, sep = sep, quote = quote, dec = dec,  :

  embedded nul(s) found in input

 

ADD COMMENTlink modified 23 months ago by Axel Klenk930 • written 23 months ago by neelakandanbt0

Hi Neela,

I don't know the answer to your problem I'm afraid. The only thing I can think of is when I ran these arrays a few years back there was an issue initially with the feature extraction on the scanner. It essentially defaulted to saving a minimal reduced output rather than a `full` output. That might be where your problems are? Have a dig around the software and make sure you're saving the full results.

 

Good luck

ADD REPLYlink written 23 months ago by j.iremonger0
Answer: problems in reading a file in AgiMicroRna package
0
gravatar for Axel Klenk
23 months ago by
Axel Klenk930
Switzerland
Axel Klenk930 wrote:

Dear Neela,

Agilent's reduced output is lacking the 'gMeanSignal' column and this will cause an issue. I'm not sure it is the source of your problem, though, since I'd expect it to affect *all* files rather than just the 13th.

You can inspect the source code of AgiMicroRna::readMicroRnaAFE by typing it like that, i.e., without parentheses,

and you will see that it essentially passes your target data.frame on to a function read.agiMicroRna but is also hardcoding the column names.

To find out if the missing 'gMeanSignal' column is causing your problem, try:

dd <- AgiMicroRna:::read.agiMicroRna(targets1.micro, columns = list(TGS = "gTotalGeneSignal",
        TPS = "gTotalProbeSignal", meanS = "gMedianSignal", procS = "gProcessedSignal"),
        other.columns = list(IsGeneDetected = "gIsGeneDetected",
            IsSaturated = "gIsSaturated", IsFeatNonUnifOF = "gIsFeatNonUnifOL",
            IsFeatPopnOL = "gIsFeatPopnOL", BGKmd = "gBGMedianSignal",
            BGKus = "gBGUsed"), annotation = c("ControlType",
            "ProbeName", "GeneName"), verbose = TRUE)

Note the three colons and the change from 'gMeanSignal' to 'gMedianSignal'. Also note that it's a hack. No warranty. :-)

Good luck,

 - axel

ADD COMMENTlink modified 23 months ago • written 23 months ago by Axel Klenk930
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 16.09
Traffic: 155 users visited in the last hour