Search
Question: DESeq2 'results' usability issue
0
gravatar for Gavin Kelly
12 months ago by
Gavin Kelly560
United Kingdom / London / Francis Crick Institute
Gavin Kelly560 wrote:

Debugging someone's code, I just noticed a slight usability issue with the results function, which has a '...' argument, so when results(dds, contrasts=c("group","A","B")) was called, the spelling mistake of the contrast argument wasn't picked up with a usual 'unused argument' warning, and it defaulted to something the user didn't want.  The documentation says that the optional arguments are passed to filterFun, but that no longer looks to be the case in that filterFun takes a specified set of named arguments.

Not a major thing in the grand scheme of things, but if the apparently unused '...' could be removed, it might lessen the chance of similar user error.

ADD COMMENTlink modified 12 months ago by Michael Love20k • written 12 months ago by Gavin Kelly560
2
gravatar for Michael Love
12 months ago by
Michael Love20k
United States
Michael Love20k wrote:

Thanks for the note, I’ll take a look and if possible make the change in devel.

ADD COMMENTlink written 12 months ago by Michael Love20k
1

Thanks Gavin, I made this change in devel.

ADD REPLYlink written 12 months ago by Michael Love20k
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 2.2.0
Traffic: 247 users visited in the last hour