The Hughey Lab in the Department of Biomedical Informatics at Vanderbilt is looking for exceptional individuals to join the team. We're interested in people who are hard-working, creative, and eager to learn. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to shape the research directions and culture of the lab. The lab is recruiting at all levels. NIH-funded positions are available to start immediately. For more information, please visit https://hugheylab.org/join.
The focus of the Hughey Lab is on using computation on large-scale datasets to understand dynamic biological systems relevant to human health and disease. We are particularly interested in the circadian system, the network of oscillators that drives daily rhythms in multiple aspects of human physiology. We are developing and applying new tools to better understand the circadian system and how it interacts with the environment to influence human health. To help us in this mission, we have collaborators ranging from experimental biologists to clinical researchers.
Responsibilities of postdoctoral scholars will include:
- Formulating scientific questions to pursue
- Executing the designed research, e.g., by writing code to analyze biological data
- Collaborating with other members of the lab and with people across campus
- Communicating the results of the research through talks at conferences and articles in peer-reviewed journals
- PhD in a quantitative/computational field and experience with biological/clinical data; or PhD in the biological sciences and an exceptionally strong quantitative background
- Experience programming, e.g., in R or Python, particularly related to machine learning and the analysis of omics data
- Ability to work independently
To apply, please send the following to jakejhughey#gmail.com:
- A short description of your interest in the lab and the type of projects you would like to pursue
- One paper and one piece of code that you have written and that highlight your skills as a scientist, along with 1-2 sentences explaining your selections (links to publicly available materials are fine)
- Up-to-date CV
- Names and contact information of 2-3 references