Interested applicants can apply through our website. Feel free to send any questions my way (my last name /at\ dnli /dot\ com) and we'll get answers for you.
Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine.
We are searching for a highly motivated individual with strong technical and problem solving skills to join us for a summer internship in the Genomics group at Denali Therapeutics. A successful candidate will integrate multiple forms human genomics data (genotypes, epigenetics, transcriptomics, etc) to prioritize drug targets for neurodegeneration and gain experience working in a fast moving industry environment.
- Opportunity to own a project with guidance from a mentor, collaborate with other scientists, perform data analysis and present the results.
- Create maintainable and reproducible code to retrieve, quality control and curate large public datasets.
- Perform QTL and polygenic risk score analyses using best-practice algorithms and methods.
- Explore and apply novel approaches to integrate QTL information with GWAS summary statistics.
- Opportunity to develop interactive web applications (e.g. R shiny) to communicate scientific results.
- Enrolled in a graduate program (MS / PhD) in Epidemiology, Genetics, Computational Biology, or a related scientific discipline.
- Familiarity with statistical approaches to the analysis of human genetics data and commonly used software (such as plink)
- Experience or familiarity with using R / Bioconductor for genomics data analysis
- Comfortable in a unix environment
- Have excellent oral, written, and presentation skills