Versiti was founded with the belief that together, our blood centers can better serve patients’ urgent need for life-saving healthcare. We love what we do, and we’re looking for passionate individuals to join the Versiti family. We foster a diverse environment that affirms each employee’s dignity and worth, and we offer a chance to work with a team of compassionate people who provide lifesaving blood to our communities on a daily basis.
What you can expect in this position:
The Blood Research Institute (a part of Versiti) is searching for a research bioinformatics analyst who will specialize in the analysis both bulk and single-cell massively-parallel RNA sequence data derived from model organisms (mouse, rat, human). While RNA sequence analysis will be a main part of your mission, there will also be opportunities to analyze massively-parallel genomic DNA sequence datasets. If you have a passion for next-generation sequencing, analysis of large biological datasets, and science communication, we want to hear from you.
We want to invest in your development. We will provide additional training and educational opportunities to help you become an expert member of the team.
What you will do:
- Aid research laboratories in designing interpretable sequencing experiments and studies
- Collaborate with primary investigators and other scientists to analyze data in both exploratory and hypothesis driven approaches
- Create intuitive figures for publications, posters, and scientific meetings
- Co-author peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts
- Maintain thorough records for each project and ensure data are reliably backed-up
You will need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Engineering, Computer Science or Bioinformatics
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Bioinformatics preferred
- 1+ years’ experience with next generation sequencing analysis and bioinformatics tools preferred.
- Experience analyzing massively-parallel bulk RNA libraries is required while experience analyzing single-cell RNA sequence data is a bonus
- Proficient use of UNIX based operating systems and associated command line interfaces
- R programming experience and familiarity with the Bioconductor repository
- A demonstrated ability of creating reproducible data analyses
- Knowledge of the statistical basis of massively-parallel RNA expression analysis
- Experience using version control software
- Excellent communication skills including presenting data to groups, intuitive figure creation, and scientific writing
- A solid understanding of molecular genetics
- Thorough record-keeping for each project
- Although you will not be working at the bench, a working knowledge of RNA and DNA preparation procedures for sequencing is a plus
- The ability to translate general biological questions into interpretable statistical or algorithmic procedures
Please include a link to a code repository (such as github or bitbucket) containing reproducible analyses that show your abilities with your application.
When you will work: Hours: Monday through Friday, first shift hours
What’s in it for you?
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Wellness program
- Major holidays off with pay
We are Blood Health Innovators who enhance lives through discovery, diagnosis, and treatment.
We will expand the frontiers of patient health through the integration of science, medicine, and service.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please apply here