Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted, and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness and in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global, and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed research computing group and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Sr. Bioinformatics Scientist will be responsible for:
- Providing direct bioinformatics support to faculty, doctors, researchers, and students.
- Matching the diverse portfolio of biomedical projects with bioinformatics resources.
- Guiding researchers with the use of bioinformatics software and workflows.
- Developing and promoting the use of bioinformatics tools, workflows, pipelines and computing resources.
- Working directly with members of our research community, the scientist will develop custom bioinformatics workflows, contribute to an internal knowledge base, organize training sessions, and further the development of research computing support for bioinformatics.
To qualify, you must have:
- Master’s degree or higher in Bioinformatics, or a closely related field, and at least four years’ experience in a research environment or Ph.D. in science, bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics, computer science or related, with 2+ years of work experience post-PhD; or similar.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of open source bioinformatics software and pipelines to support diverse bioinformatics analyses.
- Proficiency with Python and R required; experience with deep learning, statistics, SQL and/or cloud computing would be a bonus.
- Combination of patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive attitude and ability to develop productive relationships with pediatric researchers.
- Passion for new technologies and science.
This is a full time, onsite position located in the Longwood area. If you are intrigued by the challenge of helping to support the pediatric research enterprise and its various components, then this opportunity is for you!
Please apply directly.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Flexible schedule (if applicable). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.