The Institute for Biomedicine is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and support staff, integrated in a network of international and national partners. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows you to experience a unique combination of Alpine and Mediterranean culture right at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe.
The Institute is participating in the Interreg Italia-Österreich EPigenetics of Immunity in Cancer (EPIC) project, dedicated to explore novel inhibitors for histone deacetylases aiming to reverse epigenetic silencing in certain types of cancer in order to allow the immune system to retake action. The research network comprises of partners in Udine, Salzburg, and Trieste for inhibitor development and testing in cellular and mouse models. We are currently seeking for a post-doc in bioinformatics/biostatistics with experience in RNA-seq or ChIP-seq who will be in close collaboration with the partner laboratories in designing and evaluating sequencing experiments, database mining, and novel hypothesis generation.
- Design, evaluation, and interpretation of next generation sequencing experiments, in particular RNA-seq and ChIP-seq.
- Generation of genetic profiles for mining cancer-related databases such as The Cancer Genome Atlas.
- Pathway, network, and gene enrichment analysis of differentially expressed genes.
- Dissemination of results in peer-reviewed journals and conferences and contributions to public relation efforts.
- PhD in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or molecular biology with a demonstrated research record by authoring peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Proficiency in CHiP-seq and/or RNA-seq data analysis.
- Firm grasp of R/Bioconductor statistical programming language and the Linux operating system.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience in cancer epigenomics is beneficial.
- Basic knowledge of the immune system is beneficial.
The successful candidate is offered a two-year contract starting in April 2020 in a multidisciplinary research environment, including semi-annual meetings with project partners in Austria and Italy and the possibility to visit a partner institute for complementary training.
See here for more information and how to apply