We are looking for two Bioinformaticians to join a vibrant and collaborative team at The Bioinformatics Core within the Center for Research Informatics (CRI) and University of Chicago Biological Sciences Division. The core offers highly skilled services and expertise designed to allow investigators to take full advantage of high- throughput technologies. The CRI Bioinformatics Core’s work combines the use of powerful computing resources, advanced analytics tools, and a commitment to security to transform large amounts of raw data into meaningful results. Some of the services we provide include the bioinformatics analysis of high-throughput biological data, including genomics and proteomics, using our well-defined analysis pipelines; consulting services for custom analysis beyond our standard pipelines, including genome-wide association studies; and grant writing assistance, including assistance fully developing the bioinformatics components of a grant, cost analysis, letters of support, and documenting the availability of tools and expertise to complete the research indicated.
- An advanced degree in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, or other quantitative disciplines with interest in applying to computational biology.
- Proficiency in statistical software (R), scripting languages (Python, Perl), database management (SQL), HPC and cloud computing.
- 5-year+ experience with omics data, such as RNA-seq, DNA-seq, ATAC-seq, proteomics and microbiome.
- Experience organizing and working with big data.
- Interest or experience with applying deep learning methods.
- Passion for scientific discoveries.
HOW TO APPLY: To formally apply, please visit UChicago Workday https://uchicago.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Hyde-Park-Campus/Bioinformatician-1_JR06974.