Question: hyperGTest, different Results using different annotation packages
0
gravatar for Wiebke Iffert
10.7 years ago by
Wiebke Iffert20 wrote:
Hi Marc, I updated the Category package to Category_2.8.4 and now the results are the same. Thanks for your help. wiebke > Hi Wiebke, > > When did you make your custom annotation package? And when you made it, > was if made from the same human.db0 package (IOW the same release) as > the org.Hs.eg.db package that you compared it to? Based on the > sessionInfo() below, you should have the human.db0 2.2.5 installed in > order for these packages to be comparable. > > > Marc > > > > Wiebke Iffert wrote: > > Dear All, > > > > I want to do an analysis using the function hyperGTest from pakage > GOstats. > > When I use the geneIDs of my own annotation package a get other result > from the analysis than when using the annotation package org.Hs.eg.db. > > > > I have built my own annotation package using AnnotationDbi following the > instructions in the vignette (I'm using data from a self spotted > microarray with oligonucleotides which I mapped to Entrez geneIDs): > > > > > >> library(AnnotationDbi) > >> makeHUMANCHIP_DB(affy=FALSE, prefix="HighDensityArray", > fileName="high_density_array_oid2eg.txt", >baseMapType="eg", outputDir = getwd(), > version="1.0.2", manufacturer = "selfspotted", > >> chipName = "High Density Array", manufacturerUrl = "NA") > >> > > > > To build an object of class GOHyperGParams, I used the geneIDs > corresponding to the oligonucleotides of interest. > > > > > >> paramsBPover<-new("GOHyperGParams",geneIds= > genesOfInterest,universeGeneIds= allgenes, >annotation="HighDensityArray.db", ontology="BP", > pvalueCutoff=0.05, conditional=FALSE, >testDirection="over", categoryName="GO") > >> hgOver.BP<-hyperGTest(paramsBPover) > >> > > > > and I got the result: > > > >> hgOver.BP > >> > > Gene to GO BP test for over-representation > > 1449 GO BP ids tested (180 have p < 0.05) > > Selected gene set size: 203 > > Gene universe size: 1768 > > Annotation package: HighDensityArray.db > > > > > > By coincidence I started the same methods using the annotation package > org.Hs.eg.db with the same geneIDs: > > > > > >> paramsBPover2<-new("GOHyperGParams",geneIds= > genesOfInterest,universeGeneIds= allgenes, >annotation="org.Hs.eg.db", ontology="BP", > pvalueCutoff=0.05, conditional=FALSE, testDirection="over", >categoryName="GO") > >> hgOver.BP2<-hyperGTest(paramsBPover2) > >> > > > > and I got the result: > > > >> hgOver.BP2 > >> > > Gene to GO BP test for over-representation > > 967 GO BP ids tested (118 have p < 0.05) > > Selected gene set size: 203 > > Gene universe size: 1768 > > Annotation package: org.Hs.eg.db > > > > Shouldn't I get the same results independent from these 2 annotation > packages? (I thougth that my package HighDensityArray is something like an > subset of the org.Hs.eg.db package, but using my oligonucleotide IDs as > Identifier instead of geneIDs - or did I get that wrong?). > > Which analysis is the one to rely on? > > > > > > Thanks in advance for any help. > > wiebke > > > > > > P.S. > > sessionInfo() > > R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20) > > i386-apple-darwin8.11.1 > > > > locale: > > de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8/C/C/de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8 > > > > attached base packages: > > [1] splines tools stats graphics grDevices utils > > [7] datasets methods base > > > > other attached packages: > > [1] org.Hs.eg.db_2.2.6 GOstats_2.8.0 > > [3] RBGL_1.18.0 GO.db_2.2.5 > > [5] HighDensityArray.db_1.0.2 RSQLite_0.7-1 > > [7] DBI_0.2-4 Category_2.8.1 > > [9] genefilter_1.22.0 survival_2.34-1 > > [11] annotate_1.20.1 xtable_1.5-4 > > [13] AnnotationDbi_1.4.3 graph_1.20.0 > > [15] Biobase_2.2.1 > > > > loaded via a namespace (and not attached): > > [1] GSEABase_1.4.0 XML_1.98-1 cluster_1.11.11 --
ADD COMMENTlink written 10.7 years ago by Wiebke Iffert20
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 16.09
Traffic: 169 users visited in the last hour