DNAStringSetList can't coerce a list?
2
0
Entering edit mode
@taylor-sean-d-5800
Last seen 8.4 years ago
Hi Herve, It seems like I used to be able to coerce a list of DNA String Sets into a DNAStringSetList. With the latest build though it seems like that is no longer the case: > dna1 <- c("AAA", "AC", "", "T", "GGATA") > dna2 <- c("G", "TT", "C") > foo<-DNAStringSet(dna1) > bar<-DNAStringSet(dna2) > DNAStringSetList(foo, bar) DNAStringSetList of length 2 [[1]] AAA AC T GGATA [[2]] G TT C > baz<-list(foo, bar) > DNAStringSetList(baz) Error in IRanges:::new_XVectorList_from_list_of_XVector(tmp_class, x) : all elements in 'x' must be DNAString objects Thanks, Sean Sean Taylor Post-doctoral Fellow Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center 206-667-5544 [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
Cancer Cancer • 672 views
ADD COMMENT
0
Entering edit mode
@taylor-sean-d-5800
Last seen 8.4 years ago
Sorry, here is my sessionInfo() > sessionInfo() R version 3.0.1 (2013-05-16) Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit) locale: [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 LC_NUMERIC=C [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8 LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8 [5] LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 [7] LC_PAPER=C LC_NAME=C [9] LC_ADDRESS=C LC_TELEPHONE=C [11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C attached base packages: [1] parallel stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base other attached packages: [1] XVector_0.1.0 BiocInstaller_1.11.4 ShortRead_1.19.10 [4] latticeExtra_0.6-24 RColorBrewer_1.0-5 lattice_0.20-15 [7] Rsamtools_1.13.27 Biostrings_2.29.14 GenomicRanges_1.13.35 [10] IRanges_1.19.20 BiocGenerics_0.7.3 magicaxis_1.5 loaded via a namespace (and not attached): [1] Biobase_2.20.0 bitops_1.0-5 grid_3.0.1 hwriter_1.3 stats4_3.0.1 [6] tools_3.0.1 zlibbioc_1.6.0 From: Taylor, Sean D Sent: Monday, August 05, 2013 4:58 PM To: bioconductor@r-project.org Cc: Pages, Herve (hpages@fhcrc.org) Subject: DNAStringSetList can't coerce a list? Hi Herve, It seems like I used to be able to coerce a list of DNA String Sets into a DNAStringSetList. With the latest build though it seems like that is no longer the case: > dna1 <- c("AAA", "AC", "", "T", "GGATA") > dna2 <- c("G", "TT", "C") > foo<-DNAStringSet(dna1) > bar<-DNAStringSet(dna2) > DNAStringSetList(foo, bar) DNAStringSetList of length 2 [[1]] AAA AC T GGATA [[2]] G TT C > baz<-list(foo, bar) > DNAStringSetList(baz) Error in IRanges:::new_XVectorList_from_list_of_XVector(tmp_class, x) : all elements in 'x' must be DNAString objects Thanks, Sean Sean Taylor Post-doctoral Fellow Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center 206-667-5544 [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
ADD COMMENT
0
Entering edit mode
@taylor-sean-d-5800
Last seen 8.4 years ago
Nevermind. I restarted my R session and that seems to have helped. From: Taylor, Sean D Sent: Monday, August 05, 2013 4:59 PM To: bioconductor@r-project.org Cc: Pages, Herve (hpages@fhcrc.org) Subject: RE: DNAStringSetList can't coerce a list? Sorry, here is my sessionInfo() > sessionInfo() R version 3.0.1 (2013-05-16) Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit) locale: [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 LC_NUMERIC=C [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8 LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8 [5] LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 [7] LC_PAPER=C LC_NAME=C [9] LC_ADDRESS=C LC_TELEPHONE=C [11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C attached base packages: [1] parallel stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base other attached packages: [1] XVector_0.1.0 BiocInstaller_1.11.4 ShortRead_1.19.10 [4] latticeExtra_0.6-24 RColorBrewer_1.0-5 lattice_0.20-15 [7] Rsamtools_1.13.27 Biostrings_2.29.14 GenomicRanges_1.13.35 [10] IRanges_1.19.20 BiocGenerics_0.7.3 magicaxis_1.5 loaded via a namespace (and not attached): [1] Biobase_2.20.0 bitops_1.0-5 grid_3.0.1 hwriter_1.3 stats4_3.0.1 [6] tools_3.0.1 zlibbioc_1.6.0 From: Taylor, Sean D Sent: Monday, August 05, 2013 4:58 PM To: bioconductor@r-project.org<mailto:bioconductor@r-project.org> Cc: Pages, Herve (hpages@fhcrc.org<mailto:hpages@fhcrc.org>) Subject: DNAStringSetList can't coerce a list? Hi Herve, It seems like I used to be able to coerce a list of DNA String Sets into a DNAStringSetList. With the latest build though it seems like that is no longer the case: > dna1 <- c("AAA", "AC", "", "T", "GGATA") > dna2 <- c("G", "TT", "C") > foo<-DNAStringSet(dna1) > bar<-DNAStringSet(dna2) > DNAStringSetList(foo, bar) DNAStringSetList of length 2 [[1]] AAA AC T GGATA [[2]] G TT C > baz<-list(foo, bar) > DNAStringSetList(baz) Error in IRanges:::new_XVectorList_from_list_of_XVector(tmp_class, x) : all elements in 'x' must be DNAString objects Thanks, Sean Sean Taylor Post-doctoral Fellow Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center 206-667-5544 [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
ADD COMMENT

Login before adding your answer.

Traffic: 464 users visited in the last hour
Help About
FAQ
Access RSS
API
Stats

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Powered by the version 2.3.6