This postdoctoral position is about the development of analysis methods for multidimensional data sets from high-throughput technologies combining chemical genomics and various applications of next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies. It includes both discovery-oriented data analysis and software development in form of R/Bioconductor packages.
The position will be in the research group of Professor Thomas Girke. The group develops computational data analysis methods for genome biology and small molecule discovery. This includes large-scale data mining projects, as well as algorithm and software development projects for data types from a variety of high-throughput technologies such as NGS, genome-wide profiling approaches and drug discovery.
The Girke group is part of the Institute of Integrative Genome Biology (IIGB) at the University California, Riverside (UCR) located in the center of sunny Southern California. The IIGB offers a vibrant multidisciplinary research environment with excellent facilities for experimental and computational research. Most relevant for this position is uninterrupted access to a research computer cluster with over 4,000 CPU cores and 3PB of parallel data storage.
3-5 years (extendable)
- Minimum requirements
- Ph.D. and/or postdoctoral training in an area related to computational biology, biostatistics and genome biology.
- Proficient in data analysis programming using R/Bioconductor
- Several years of experience analyzing NGS data, including RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, Methyl-Seq, VAR-Seq, etc.
- Strong publication record
- Preferred (non-essential) skills
- R/Bioconductor package development
- Programming in C/C++ and Python
- Experience with parallelizing data analysis routines on computer clusters
- Experience with database and web development can also be a plus
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV, statement of research interests and names of at least three references to Thomas Girke (email@example.com).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.