Tenure-track Group Leader Position in Computational Biology
The Department of Experimental and Health Sciences (DCEXS) of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) aims to fill a Tenure-Track Group Leader position in Computational Biology, who will also serve as Scientific Lead of our Computing Core Facility (SIT). We encourage applications from outstanding scientists working in any area of computational biology, including (but not limited to) biological image analysis, bulk and single-cell sequencing data analysis, proteomics, multiomics data integration, mathematical modeling of biological processes, biostatistics and computational systems biology.
Successful candidates will be highly accomplished scientists with a PhD in a relevant computational field and a strong capacity for interdisciplinary research. Candidates at all stages of their research careers will be considered. They will be expected to attract research funds, supervise doctoral theses, and actively engage in teaching computational biology courses in our undergraduate and graduate programmes. Candidates should be clearly motivated to collaborate with the experimental research groups of the Department in scientific projects of common interest.
- Tenure track position that can be consolidated to a permanent faculty position depending on external peer-review.
- Startup package covering the salary of a PhD student or IT technician, computing equipment costs, and access to our computing facilities.
- Office space for 5-7 people.
- Envisaged start date: from September 2021.
Applications must be submitted through the Interfolio website and they should include:
- Motivation letter, describing explicitly how your research goals fit with those of DCEXS.
- Curriculum vitae, including the information listed in the guidelines below.
- List of 5 selected publications, with a brief description of each of them.
- Brief proposal of your future research plans at DCEXS, including specific goals for the Scientific IT Core Facility (max. 2 pages).
- Contact details of 3 referees.
Application deadline: applications should be submitted by March 31, 2021.
Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview to be held in June 2021, either remotely or in person at the DCEXS in Barcelona, depending on the public-health situation.
Contact: Dr. Regina Lopez (firstname.lastname@example.org, for inquiries only. Applications sent by email will not be accepted).