I am looking for Data Engineer who would like to join our NaturalAntibody team to work on its computational antibody drug discovery product portfolio.
About the role
As a Senior Data Engineer you will design and work on our data and analytics stacks. You will contribute to our data stack by analysing our existing databases and creating novel datasets. You will employ this data to improve our analytics stack by creation of suitable computational models addressing pertinent needs in antibody-based therapy development. The work will be a combination of software development and research so you should be well suited to tackle open-question challenges in an independent fashion. The work will bring you with a close collaboration with leading experts in the field of drug discovery in the pharmaceutical industry so communication and teamwork skills are very important.
Here are just a few examples of potentials tasks or activities in this role:
- Designing Big Data pipelines in line with good practices like IaaC, High Availability and Security in mind
- Data collection , curation and maintenance for existing data stack and novel databases.
- Analysis , benchmarking of the existing models in analytics stack.
- Development of novel computational models on antibody drug discovery.
- Research into antibody biology and their therapeutic context.
- Liaising with clients from the industry.
The successful candidate should have:
- Expertise in handling large datasets , preferably (e.g. Next Generation Sequencing, Proteomics, Protein Structures).
- Programming skills in Python and tools designed for Big Data processing (terabytes of data) like Spark, Apache Airflow
- Experience in designing cost efficient data pipelines using AWS tools like AWS EMR, AWS Glue, Step Functions etc.
- Knowledge of IaaC tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
- A high level of self-discipline - as a Data Engineer you will be responsible for making meaningful decisions about project’s course based on your insights
- Full proficiency of English is mandatory
Nice to have:
- A Master level degree in computer science, statistics, datascience, bioinformatics or similar. PhD would be a strong plus.
- Prior work in Immunoinformatics is a strong plus.
- Hands-on expertise in applied statistical methods – knowledge of machine learning is a plus.
- 14 000 - 22 000 PLN net B2B
- Work on innovative project with the direct impact on its development
- Access to unique knowledge within the organization and cooperation with outstanding experts and business partners from around the world
- 100% financing for participation in industry conferences throughout Europe
- Budget for books, training and other materials
- Private medical care package (Medicover), Multisport card, group insurance
- Integration events in the spirit of #redskyteamspirit
- Work remotely / office located in Szczecin, Poland
Do you have some question? Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly apply - https://praca.red-sky.pl/o/senior-data-engineer-with-python/c/new