Be my colleague at Dewpoint (in beautiful Dresden, Germany)! Our Condensate data science team is looking for a Scientist/Sr. Scientist in Data Science - someone with a strong (practical) stats background. Good science in a fun and welcoming team. Feel free to ping me if you have any (informal). And if don't have all the skills / expertise requested apply anyway - you might have others we haven't even thought of yet.
Location: Dresden, Germany
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are looking for a Scientist/Sr. Scientist to join the Condensate Data Science team in Dresden, Germany. While reporting to the Group Leader, you will analyze and identify patterns in research data and develop data analysis pipelines to be integral part of Dewpoint platform.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Set up efficient data processing workflows and provide general data analysis support across many different projects
- Develop analysis pipelines making use of linear modelling and multi-factorial regression methods
- Provide statistical advice and consultancy for data science applications
- Collaborate with experimental biologists and analytical scientists to provide input on experimental design for target validation (in vivo and in vitro model systems)
- Develop or implement methods for the analysis of ‘omics and imaging data
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do this you will need…
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, systems biology, biostatistics or related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience (or BS/MS with at least 6 years of experience)
- Fluency in one or more programming languages (R or Python) along with data workflow and visualization tools (e.g. KNIME and Spotfire) and experience with machine learning algorithms
- Experience with computing morphological features from high-content imaging data
- Experience dealing with big multi-parameter datasets such as high content imaging, and proteomics
- Proven expertise in statistics applied to biological problems
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects, a commitment to learning and a track record of excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to provide concise summaries of complex data to empower decision making
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships that facilitate effective collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and to train and mentor junior colleagues
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- 2+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or with drug development
- Experience with cloud computing environments (e.g., AWS, Google Compute, Azure) or data platforms (e.g., Snowflake, Databricks)
- Experience with performing High-content image analysis using Harmony or Columbus/FIJI/MATLAB
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please no solicitations by agencies.