Deleted:header(vcf) leading to different output on same vcf
0
0
Entering edit mode
Bruno • 0
@45736e37
Last seen 3 months ago
Belgium

I am running a variant calling pipeline to detect solid tumours and haematological alterations. The variant calling is done with Mutect2.

I noticed, however, that the output of the header command (VariantAnnotation library) is not the same considering two versions (1.24.5 vs. 1.32.0).

When using v 1.32.0 I get

> header(input)
class: VCFHeader 
samples(1): Panel-STHT-T210986-PJR
meta(6): MutectVersion fileformat ... GATKCommandLine contig
fixed(1): FILTER
info(16): CONTQ DP ... STR TLOD
geno(13): GT AD ... SAAF SAPP

Whereas when using v 1.24.5 I don't get the line fixed(1): FILTER:

> header(input)
class: VCFHeader 
samples(1): Panel-STHT-T210986-PJR
meta(3): META GATKCommandLine contig
fixed(0):
info(16): CONTQ DP ... STR TLOD
geno(13): GT AD ... SAAF SAPP

I also noticed that if I continue with the filtering that the R script does (eventually writing a vcf with writeVcf), with VariantAnnotation v 1.32.0 I get an extra line in the vcf header: ##FILTER=All filters passed, which is upsetting another downstream program (the error message that I get is .vcf: Invalid FILTER line). And it appears to me that this ##FILTER=All filters passed line is actually coming from the extra line of the header command.

The easiest solution for me would be to downgrade from 1.32.0 to 1.24.5: However, I would like to understand where this extra line comes from

Session information (when using v1.32.0 of VariantAnnotation is shown below:

R version 3.6.1 (2019-07-05)
Platform: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: CentOS Linux 8 (Core)

Matrix products: default
BLAS/LAPACK: /usr/lib64/R/lib/libRblas.so

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8          LC_NUMERIC=C                 
 [3] LC_TIME=de_BE.UTF-8           LC_COLLATE=en_GB.UTF-8       
 [5] LC_MONETARY=de_BE.UTF-8       LC_MESSAGES=en_GB.UTF-8      
 [7] LC_PAPER=de_BE.UTF-8          LC_NAME=de_BE.UTF-8          
 [9] LC_ADDRESS=de_BE.UTF-8        LC_TELEPHONE=de_BE.UTF-8     
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=de_BE.UTF-8    LC_IDENTIFICATION=de_BE.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] stats4    parallel  stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets 
[8] methods   base     

other attached packages:
 [1] httr_1.4.1                  stringr_1.4.0              
 [3] readr_1.3.1                 xlsx_0.6.3                 
 [5] VariantAnnotation_1.32.0    Rsamtools_2.2.3            
 [7] Biostrings_2.54.0           XVector_0.26.0             
 [9] SummarizedExperiment_1.16.1 DelayedArray_0.12.2        
[11] BiocParallel_1.20.1         matrixStats_0.55.0         
[13] Biobase_2.46.0              GenomicRanges_1.38.0       
[15] GenomeInfoDb_1.22.0         IRanges_2.20.2             
[17] S4Vectors_0.24.3            BiocGenerics_0.32.0        
[19] optparse_1.6.4             

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
 [1] Rcpp_1.0.2               lattice_0.20-38          prettyunits_1.0.2       
 [4] xlsxjars_0.6.1           assertthat_0.2.1         zeallot_0.1.0           
 [7] digest_0.6.15            BiocFileCache_1.10.2     R6_2.2.2                
[10] backports_1.1.4          RSQLite_2.1.1            pillar_1.4.2            
[13] zlibbioc_1.32.0          rlang_0.4.0              GenomicFeatures_1.38.2  
[16] progress_1.2.2           curl_4.2                 blob_1.1.1              
[19] Matrix_1.2-17            RCurl_1.98-1.1           bit_1.1-14              
[22] biomaRt_2.42.0           compiler_3.6.1           rtracklayer_1.46.0      
[25] pkgconfig_2.0.3          askpass_1.1              openssl_1.4.1           
[28] tidyselect_0.2.5         tibble_2.1.3             GenomeInfoDbData_1.2.2  
[31] XML_3.98-1.11            crayon_1.3.4             dplyr_0.8.3             
[34] dbplyr_1.4.2             GenomicAlignments_1.22.1 bitops_1.0-6            
[37] rappdirs_0.3.1           grid_3.6.1               DBI_1.0.0               
[40] magrittr_1.5             stringi_1.4.3            getopt_1.20.3           
[43] vctrs_0.2.0              tools_3.6.1              bit64_0.9-7             
[46] BSgenome_1.54.0          glue_1.3.1               purrr_0.3.2             
[49] hms_0.5.1                AnnotationDbi_1.48.0     memoise_1.1.0           
[52] rJava_0.9-11
cancerdata SomaticCancerAlterations • 106 views
ADD COMMENT
This thread is not open. No new answers may be added
Traffic: 181 users visited in the last hour
Help About
FAQ
Access RSS
API
Stats

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Powered by the version 2.3.6