The Girke group has an opening for a postdoctoral researcher. This position is about the development of integrative analysis methods for multidimensional data sets from a variety of next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies and their implementation in form of R/Bioconductor packages.
The position will be part of the Data Science Center and Institute of Integrative Genome Biology (IIGB) at the University California, Riverside (UCR). Both offer a vibrant multidisciplinary research environment with excellent facilities for experimental and computational large-scale biology. This includes NG sequencing and various other multi-omics screening facilities, as well as 24/7 access to an HPC facility with over 5,000 CPU cores and >3PB of parallel data storage.
3-5 years (extendable)
- Minimum requirements
- Ph.D. and/or postdoctoral training in an area related to computational biology, biostatistics and genome biology
- Several years of experience with R/Bioconductor package development including programming in C/C++
- High-level of proficiency in analyzing NGS data, including RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, Methyl-Seq, VAR-Seq, etc.
- Strong publication record
- Other hands-on experience
- Data analysis programming environments for reproducible research
- Parallelization of data analysis tasks on computer clusters
- Experience with Python, database and web service development is also a plus
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV, statement of research interests and names of at least three references to Thomas Girke (email@example.com).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.