SingleCellExperiment and SingleR for identifying T cell subsets
1
0
Entering edit mode
achaillon • 0
@achaillon-14117
Last seen 3 months ago

Hello I am using the amazing SingleCellExperiment and SingleR packages to analyze my scRNAseq data. Everything works well and I was able to identify cell types in my samples with the following

pred <- SingleR(test=merged, ref=ref, labels=ref$label.main)

I am looking for a way to look deeper and identify T cell subsets. any advices or suggested tutorials? thank you!

cellsubset SingleR SingleCellExperiment • 165 views
ADD COMMENT
1
Entering edit mode
Aaron Lun ★ 26k
@alun
Last seen 1 hour ago
The city by the bay

Usually it's a simple matter of swapping ref$label.main for ref$label.fine, which has much finer labels. Obviously, this depends on the reference: BlueprintEncodeData() has a lot of T cell subsets, check out the celldex documentation for more details.

Note that the method will get (a lot) slower when there are many more labels. In particular, this is because SingleR() needs to spend a lot more effort resolving differences between closely-related labels. You can speed it up by throwing more cores at it with BPPARAM=.

ADD COMMENT
0
Entering edit mode

thank you so much and really sorry for the late reply. I did not receive notification of your answer THANK YOU!

ADD REPLY
0
Entering edit mode

I confirm it works perfectly. thank you again

ADD REPLY

Login before adding your answer.

Traffic: 299 users visited in the last hour
Help About
FAQ
Access RSS
API
Stats

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Powered by the version 2.3.6