Dr. Mingxiang Teng’s group, at the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at Moffitt Cancer Center, are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow interested in conducting computational epigenomics related research. This position will be responsible for developing novel methods/tools for analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting epigenomic sequencing data under cancer settings. We focus on data analysis challenges in modern epigenomics as well as applications in understanding cancer mechanisms. Please refer to our lab page for more information about our ongoing research projects . This position will have great opportunities to closely interact with our biological/clinical collaborators in the highly collaborative research environment at Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Highly motivated with strong programming skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Research experience in the areas of quantitative genomics.
- Learn research methods related to the scientific projects with limited direction and supervision.
- Develop computational methods/tools to address functional epigenomics questions.
- Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation, and formal seminars presented to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
- Potentially collaborate on a variety of cancer and statistical/bioinformatics research projects
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in computer science, biostatistics, bioinformatics or related field.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested applicants should attach to the application a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a brief statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum), and contact information for three references to Dr. Mingxiang Teng.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. Moffitt seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.