Scionics Computer Innovation seeks to recruit a highly motivated individual to lead a team of staff dedicated to Scientific Computing which provides services in the areas of bioinformatics, bioimage analysis, scientific software development, and scientific data analysis and visualization. This team will be based within an academic research institute and will provide analysis services primarily to this institute but also more broadly to the Dresden scientific community. The team will work closely with research and service groups working at the interface of biology and physics as well as with several groups dedicated to technology development. This provides an exciting and unique opportunity to work on scientific computing in a multidisciplinary environment with biologists, mathematicians, physicists, and computer scientists.
This is a full-time, onsite position (Dresden, Germany), with salary based on experience. Scionics may provide assistance with moving costs.
- Lead the interdisciplinary Scientific Computing team in close collaboration with Scionics leadership and the scientific leadership of the client institution, including budget and personnel planning and management
- Manage the recharging of services provided by the team – including project tracking, time estimates, and project offers
- Work closely with scientists and team members to coordinate the diverse scientific expertise within the group to design and execute projects in the areas of bioinformatics, bioimage analysis, scientific software development, and scientific data analysis and visualization
- Develop, with the team, workflows, pipelines, and software for data analysis of large biological and image datasets including those from digital microscopy and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Consult with researchers on appropriate data analysis techniques or algorithms for their scientific research
- Keep current with scientific literature and community efforts with regard to cutting-edge tools and techniques in the area of scientific computing in order to help plan for the future of computing within the client site
- Educate, along with the team, scientists on topics in Scientific Computing, including organizing courses for further education
- PhD and several years of demonstrable and relevant experience in an appropriate discipline (bioinformatics, biology, biostatistics, data science, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and German
- Demonstrable and practical experience running projects in an interdisciplinary scientific environment and leading a team
- Experience with data analysis and data analysis pipelines in a relevant scientific environment
- Experience with teaching, training, or running courses on scientific topics
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV, cover letter and any relevant documents to: email@example.com with the subject “Scientific Computing Team Leader”.
Scionics Computer Innovation GmbH provides consulting, services, and support to academic institutions and scientific research organizations. Scionics integrates information technology, data and image analysis techniques, and software development with biology and the life sciences.
Scionics is located in Dresden, Germany, and is part of the dynamic Biopolis Dresden research campus that includes the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG), the Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden, the Technische Universität Dresden and their Biotechnology Center (Biotec), and the Center for High Performance Computing. Scionics works closely with all these institutions, providing Scionics staff access to new technology, exciting projects and research. Scionics works together with a highly international community of scientists who are world leaders in their respective fields.
With the support of our new Scientific Computing Team Leader we will continue to provide our high-quality service to this scientific community.