Search
Question: Newbie Problems with Agilent data
0
gravatar for elliot harrison
10.2 years ago by
elliot harrison230 wrote:
Hi BioC, I am relatively new to R and array analysis in general. > sessionInfo() R version 2.5.1 (2007-06-27) i386-pc-mingw32 locale: LC_COLLATE=English_United Kingdom.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United Kingdom.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United Kingdom.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United Kingdom.1252 attached base packages: [1] "stats" "graphics" "grDevices" "utils" "datasets" "methods" "base" other attached packages: limma "2.10.5" I'm trying to follow the workshops I've found online (Lab 4 - Differential Expression and Linear Modeling using limma) but I'm coming unstuck at the first hurdle. I have 8 files of 2-colour agilent 44k whole human array data. In Limma I'm I use RG <- read.maimages(targets$FileName, source="agilent", quote="") That loads fine. In the workshop the following is then used Now read the CEL file data into an AffyBatch object and normalize using RMA: library(affy) library(hgu95av2cdf) abatch <- ReadAffy(filenames=targets$filename) eset <- rma(abatch) Obviously this will not work on my agilent data. What should I be doing instead? I've ploughed on and got the designing the matrix for my experiment. My arrays fall into 2 groups, pre and post treatment the design matrix looks as follows > f [1] Pre Pre Pre Pre Post Post Post Post Levels: Post Pre > cont.matrix Contrasts Levels PreVPost Post -1 Pre 1 > design Post Pre 1 0 1 2 0 1 3 0 1 4 0 1 5 1 0 6 1 0 7 1 0 8 1 0 attr(,"assign") [1] 1 1 attr(,"contrasts") attr(,"contrasts")$f [1] "contr.treatment" That seems logical but I wanted to check that was in place as well. Right as if that weren't enough I have a second query. I had some agilent 1-colour data as well. I found a post regarding this and tried using http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/1 28 18/match=agilent myFlagFun <- function(x) { > #Weight only strongly positive spots 1, everything else 0 > present <- x$gIsPosAndSignif == 1 > probe <- x$ControlType == 0 > manual <- x$IsManualFlag == 0 > strong <- x$gIsWellAboveBG == 1 > y <- as.numeric(present & probe & manual & strong) > > #Weight weak spots 0.5 > > weak <- strong == FALSE > weak <- (present & probe & manual & weak) > weak <- grep(TRUE,weak) > y[weak] <- 0.5 > > #Weight flagged spots 0.5 > > sat <- x$gIsSaturated == 0 > xdr <- x$gIsLowPMTScaledUp == 0 > featureOL1 <- x$gIsFeatNonUnifOL == 0 > featureOL2 <- x$gIsFeatPopnOL == 0 > flagged <- (sat & xdr & featureOL1 & featureOL2) > flagged <- grep(FALSE, flagged) > good <- grep(TRUE, y==1) > flagged <- intersect(flagged, good) > y[flagged] <- 0.5 > y > } > > G <- read.maimages(targets, > columns = list(G = "gMeanSignal", Gb = "gBGUsed", R = > "gProcessedSignal", > Rb = "gBGMedianSignal"), > annotation= c("Row", "Col", "FeatureNum", "ProbeUID", > "ControlType", > "ProbeName", "GeneName", "SystematicName"), > wt.fun=myFlagFun) I keep getting the error Error in readGenericHeader(fullname, columns = columns, sep = sep) : Specified column headings not found in file The only difference I make to this proceedure is changing the g column header to and r as I have red data. I found an article referring to changing the encoding setting of readLines() as a fix but I've had no luck with that. Anyway I hesitate to go hacking with such a little knowledge. Sorry it's such a long post. Any and all help gratefully received. Elliott Harrison This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider Mai...{{dropped}}
ADD COMMENTlink written 10.2 years ago by elliot harrison230
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 2.2.0
Traffic: 204 users visited in the last hour