Search
Question: error with getBM function of biomaRt package
0
gravatar for T Joshi
9.0 years ago by
T Joshi90
T Joshi90 wrote:
Hi, I was running the example in getBM and got the following error: getBM(attributes=c("affy_hg_u95av2","hgnc_symbol","chromosome_name","b and"),filters="affy_hg_u95av2",values=c("1939_at","1503_at","1454_at") , mart=mart) Error in getBM(attributes = c("affy_hg_u95av2", "hgnc_symbol", "chromosome_name", : could not find function "postForm" Here is the sessionInfo: > sessionInfo() R version 2.7.1 (2008-06-23) ia64-unknown-linux-gnu attached base packages: [1] splines tools stats graphics grDevices utils datasets [8] methods base other attached packages: [1] GOstats_2.6.0 Category_2.6.0 genefilter_1.20.1 [4] survival_2.34-1 RBGL_1.18.0 annotate_1.18.0 [7] xtable_1.5-4 GO.db_2.2.0 AnnotationDbi_1.2.2 [10] RSQLite_0.6-9 DBI_0.2-4 Biobase_2.0.1 [13] graph_1.18.1 biomaRt_1.14.1 RCurl_0.0.666 loaded via a namespace (and not attached): [1] cluster_1.11.11 tcltk_2.7.1 XML_1.96-0 I also tried with some other data, but it doesn't seem to work anyway. I have attached the output of debug to this mail. Please let me know what's happening here. regards, Josh
go
ADD COMMENTlink modified 9.0 years ago by James W. MacDonald45k • written 9.0 years ago by T Joshi90
0
gravatar for James W. MacDonald
9.0 years ago by
United States
James W. MacDonald45k wrote:
Hi Josh, The version of RCurl that you have seems to be really old to me. The version used by BioC 2.3 is 0.92-0. You might try biocLite("RCurl"), or better yet, upgrade to R-2.8.0 and BioC 2.3. Best, Jim T Joshi wrote: > Hi, > I was running the example in getBM and got the following error: > > getBM(attributes=c("affy_hg_u95av2","hgnc_symbol","chromosome_name", "band"),filters="affy_hg_u95av2",values=c("1939_at","1503_at","1454_at "), > mart=mart) > Error in getBM(attributes = c("affy_hg_u95av2", "hgnc_symbol", > "chromosome_name", : > could not find function "postForm" > > Here is the sessionInfo: >> sessionInfo() > R version 2.7.1 (2008-06-23) > ia64-unknown-linux-gnu > attached base packages: > [1] splines tools stats graphics grDevices utils datasets > [8] methods base > > other attached packages: > [1] GOstats_2.6.0 Category_2.6.0 genefilter_1.20.1 > [4] survival_2.34-1 RBGL_1.18.0 annotate_1.18.0 > [7] xtable_1.5-4 GO.db_2.2.0 AnnotationDbi_1.2.2 > [10] RSQLite_0.6-9 DBI_0.2-4 Biobase_2.0.1 > [13] graph_1.18.1 biomaRt_1.14.1 RCurl_0.0.666 > > loaded via a namespace (and not attached): > [1] cluster_1.11.11 tcltk_2.7.1 XML_1.96-0 > > I also tried with some other data, but it doesn't seem to work anyway. > I have attached the output of debug to this mail. Please let me know > what's happening here. > > regards, > Josh > > > -------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- > > _______________________________________________ > Bioconductor mailing list > Bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch > https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/bioconductor > Search the archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor -- James W. MacDonald, M.S. Biostatistician Hildebrandt Lab 8220D MSRB III 1150 W. Medical Center Drive Ann Arbor MI 48109-0646 734-936-8662
ADD COMMENTlink written 9.0 years ago by James W. MacDonald45k
Hi, Thank you James, Installing RCurl package again solved the problem. Josh On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 2:25 PM, James W. MacDonald <jmacdon at="" med.umich.edu=""> wrote: > Hi Josh, > > The version of RCurl that you have seems to be really old to me. The version > used by BioC 2.3 is 0.92-0. You might try biocLite("RCurl"), or better yet, > upgrade to R-2.8.0 and BioC 2.3. > > Best, > > Jim > > > > T Joshi wrote: >> >> Hi, >> I was running the example in getBM and got the following error: >> >> >> getBM(attributes=c("affy_hg_u95av2","hgnc_symbol","chromosome_name" ,"band"),filters="affy_hg_u95av2",values=c("1939_at","1503_at","1454_a t"), >> mart=mart) >> Error in getBM(attributes = c("affy_hg_u95av2", "hgnc_symbol", >> "chromosome_name", : >> could not find function "postForm" >> >> Here is the sessionInfo: >>> >>> sessionInfo() >> >> R version 2.7.1 (2008-06-23) >> ia64-unknown-linux-gnu >> attached base packages: >> [1] splines tools stats graphics grDevices utils datasets >> [8] methods base >> >> other attached packages: >> [1] GOstats_2.6.0 Category_2.6.0 genefilter_1.20.1 >> [4] survival_2.34-1 RBGL_1.18.0 annotate_1.18.0 >> [7] xtable_1.5-4 GO.db_2.2.0 AnnotationDbi_1.2.2 >> [10] RSQLite_0.6-9 DBI_0.2-4 Biobase_2.0.1 >> [13] graph_1.18.1 biomaRt_1.14.1 RCurl_0.0.666 >> >> loaded via a namespace (and not attached): >> [1] cluster_1.11.11 tcltk_2.7.1 XML_1.96-0 >> >> I also tried with some other data, but it doesn't seem to work anyway. >> I have attached the output of debug to this mail. Please let me know >> what's happening here. >> >> regards, >> Josh >> >> >> ------------------------------------------------------------------- ----- >> >> _______________________________________________ >> Bioconductor mailing list >> Bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch >> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/bioconductor >> Search the archives: >> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor > > -- > James W. MacDonald, M.S. > Biostatistician > Hildebrandt Lab > 8220D MSRB III > 1150 W. Medical Center Drive > Ann Arbor MI 48109-0646 > 734-936-8662 >
ADD REPLYlink written 9.0 years ago by T Joshi90
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 2.2.0
Traffic: 123 users visited in the last hour