* Design and implement reusable bioinformatics analysis pipelines for processing next-generation sequencing, microarray and proteomics data
* Integrate computational methods/pipelines with high performance computing clusters
* Collaborate closely with PIs and their lab members on research projects including defining the scope of the collaboration researching on the scientific topics and implementing the appropriate bioinformatics solutions that meet timelines
* Develop rapid prototypes and custom scripts for one-off type of analysis requests
* Develop novel algorithms and integrated data analysis and visualization applications when existing software packages are not available or adequate
* Properly document the procedures used in computational analysis and provide summary report of results suitable for inclusion in manuscript and grant applications
* Local establishment and customization of genomic databases and provide batch analysis utilities that make use of these resources
* Coordinate and collaborate with other bioinformaticians, biostatisticians, information technology professionals and interdepartmental project teams.
* Perform other duties as required.
*A degree in a scientific or computational discipline and preferably a postgraduate degree (MSc or PhD) and/or significant experience in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology.
* Good programming/scripting skills (e.g. R, Perl, Python, C/C++, Java), familiar with basic Unix command and a working knowledge of a range of bioinformatics software tools and database resources.
* Strong communication skills both oral and written necessary to interact with a wide range of individuals
*Highly organized with good time management skills to support multiple projects concurrently, with the ability to work well in a team.
*The ideal candidate will be experienced in the use of statistical methods and/or software packages for analyzing high-throughput sequencing data or microarray data, especially using R and associated Bioconductor packages.
*Experience in consulting with researchers on experimental design and bioinformatics analysis would be a distinct advantage.
*Scientific publication and software development experience is a plus
*Experience of working in high performance computing environment is a plus