The Division of Biostatistics is seeking a
The German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) is the largest biomedical research institute in Germany with the task to systematically explore the mechanisms of carcinogenesis and identify cancer risk factors. The Division of Biostatistics provides statistical support for all scientific duties of the DKFZ. Our field of activity spans from biostatistical consulting and statistical analysis of biomedical data to the development of complex methods for specific scientific questions. The application of new techniques in the rapidly evolving field of biomedical research necessitates research for novel biostatistical methods to enable adequate data analysis.
What we offer:
- A two-year position with the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), where you will join a capable and dedicated team of statisticians engaged in collaborative projects involving clinical and laboratory cancer research
- A competent and friendly Biostatistics department situated in the northern part of beautiful Heidelberg, where we offer our services to a variety of interesting clients – both internal and external
- The DKFZ Biostatistics department provides state-of-the-art statistical support individually tailored to each project. We analyze data ranging from high-dimensional genetic and other molecular origin to in vitro studies and human subjects studies. Our team strives to be at the forefront of interdisciplinary research and applied statistics
- A chance to make a contribution to the advancement of cancer research. Drawing upon a broad range of data analysis methods and with the freedom to co-develop inventive biostatistical approaches emerging from real-life applications
- Biostatistical consulting and collaborative support for various DKFZ research projects
- Ensuring a sound and suitable study design within clinical research for our clients
- Meeting the challenging requests of our researchers by developing customized statistical analyses that fortifies their projects and guides them toward their intended goals
- Collaborating with biomedical researchers through all research phases starting from project planning to proper interpretation of study results and publication of new insights
- Master’s or doctoral degree in (bio-)statistics, (bio-)mathematics, or a related discipline
- Sound knowledge within the field of statistics
- Practical experience with biometrical/statistical counseling is of advantage
- Solid statistical programming skills, preferably in R
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research
You can upload your application in English or in German.to
The position is limited to 2 years.
Prof. Dr. Annette Kopp-Schneider, phone +49 6221 42-2391.
November 30, 2016
The position can in principle be part-time.
The German Cancer Research Center is committed to increase the percentage of female scientists and encourages female applicants to apply.
Among candidates of equal aptitude and qualifications, a person with disabilities will be given preference.
To apply for a position please use our online application portal www.dkfz.de/jobs)
We ask for your understanding that we cannot return application documents that are sent to us by post (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Personalabteilung, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg) and that we do not accept applications submitted via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.