Programmer / Content Developer in R
- Job title: Content developer
- Pay: $37/hour (graduate student or profession), $22/hour (undergraduate)
- Hours Per week: 10
- Number of openings: 1
Summary: The Office of the Vice Provost for Advances in Learning at Harvard (VPAL) is seeking a qualified programmer with experience in R and Bioconductor to assess a set of courses written for R 3.6.3 and potentially revise them to R 4.1.0. Flexible hours.
Harvard University offers two series of online courses, Data Analysis for Life Sciences and Data Analysis for Genomics, with a total of seven courses. These are currently written for R version 3.6.3 and (for the second series) Bioconductor 3.10. The courses require an R programmer familiar with Bioconductor to assess the workload for updating the courses to R version 4.1.0 or later and Bioconductor 3.13. Depending on performance, interest, and the results of the assessment, the same programmer may be hired to implement the updates.
Responsibilities: The programmer will be responsible for reading and viewing course material, deciding what changes need to be made, and estimating the time required to complete the project. Necessary updates may include rewriting material and assignments, recommending corrections to videos if necessary, reviewing changed videos, testing the rewritten assignments, and other duties as assigned. The programmer will be expected to attend weekly remote meetings with the project coordinator.
This is a temporary, part-time role with an average of 10 hours per week on a flexible schedule. Compensation is $22-$37 per hour, dependent on experience. Work will be conducted remotely.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience with R
- 1+ years of experience with Bioconductor
- Careful attention to detail: This material is spread over 7 courses, and each one must be examined, updated, and tested.
- Ability to work independently: The content developer will not be given a “fix list”, but will be responsible for seeking out potential issues and addressing them.
- 10+ years speaking English
- Experience in teaching or online education is a plus, but is not required.
Employees must be in the USA. Our office cannot sponsor work visas.
To apply, please email your resume and brief statement of interest to email@example.com. Please send as a single combined document.