Position of Bioinformatics scientist (Full-time/Permanent) for the analysis of multiomics data in oncology, at Evotec Toulouse (France) to be filled as soon as possible.
General Summary :
For our site in Toulouse, France, we have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and professional Bioinformatics Scientist - Full time and permanent to join our Research informatics group and contribute to our collaborative drug discovery projects, in support to translational, in vitro and in vivo biology departments, mainly in the field of Oncology, and for the development of innovative in-house multiomics analysis pipelines.
Missions and responsibilities:
Depending of your skills, you will be involved in:
- Support of innovative projects in Oncology and other disease fields
- Development of pipelines for the integration and the mining of in-house and public databases such as TCGA, DepMap and others.
- Use of the in-house state of the art Multi-OMICS data analysis platform to discover new molecular targets and contribute to the development of the platform.
- Participation to RNA targeting projects
- Communication of findings and presentation of results internally to biologist associates and externally to clients and partners.
- Proficiency in working with bioinformatics tools and understanding of common bioinformatics algorithms and statistics
- Demonstrated strong programming skills in programming languages, especially in R (and GUI programming using R/Shiny), and also in a collaborative way using Gitlab or similar.
- Experience with the analysis of transcriptomics data (RNA-seq), or single cell RNA-Seq data (cell type identification, heterogeneity of cell responses …), or other omics.
- Experience in integrated analysis of multiomics data
- Strong collaboration, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects in parallel.
- Fluent English.
- Demonstrated experience in projects with applied machine learning approaches.
- Experience and knowledge in the field of oncology as well as expertise in the mining of public patient databases (TCGA), and other oncology databases.
- Experience in the management of Linux servers
If your skills fit partially with these requirements, please don’t hesitate to apply
Experience and education :
Master 2 in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology or similar, with at least 2 years experience in the private sector or Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology or similar (post-doc experience is a plus)
Location: Toulouse, France, on-site.
Application: Through company website