Problem finding certain variables when importing a public database GSE73103
0
0
Entering edit mode
Yveto • 0
@104a8f13
Last seen 6 days ago
Canada

Hello, I'm having trouble finding the height, weight and BMI variables in a public gse73103 database. I was able to import the data with the following code.

gse73103<-getGEO('GSE73103')

I got this result

Found 1 file(s)
GSE73103_series_matrix.txt.gz
|--------------------------------------------------|
|==================================================|
|--------------------------------------------------|
|==================================================|
|--------------------------------------------------|
|==================================================|
|--------------------------------------------------|
|==================================================|

But I can't find these variables in the data. I just find the sex and age and weightcategory. I admit that there is an object called protocolData of class S4 and size [355*0]. I don't know if the variables I'm looking for are in this object and the download wasn't complete or the object is really empty.

Thank you in advance for your help.

GSEABase GenomicDistributionsData • 137 views
ADD COMMENT
0
Entering edit mode

FWIW: when I would like to make use of publicly available data, I always use the website to explore which metadata is submitted to GEO (and thus can be obtained). If you check the first sample (GSM1886364) (here), you will see that the variables you were able to access are indeed the only ones submitted (in addition to the genotype for a set of SNPs). In other words, the info on height, weight and BMI isn't present at GEO, and thus also not in the imported object.

ADD REPLY
0
Entering edit mode

Thanks for your response.

ADD REPLY

Login before adding your answer.

Traffic: 734 users visited in the last hour
Help About
FAQ
Access RSS
API
Stats

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Powered by the version 2.3.6