Apply here: https://goo.gl/m14Gkc
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Computational Biology, Oncology Translational Research located in Spring House, PA with up to 10% travel.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
The Senior Scientist, Computational Biology, Oncology Translational Research will provide data analysis and Computational Biology support for the Oncology therapeutic area. This individual will work in close collaboration with scientists in Translational Research, Discovery, Clinical Development, and Discovery Sciences to analyze, integrate, and interpret high dimensional data from a variety of platforms including next-generation sequencing, gene expression microarrays, CyTOF, SNP arrays, RBM, and flow cytometry panels. He/she will provide oncology data analysis and computational biology support to identify disease mechanisms, mechanism of action for therapeutic interventions, and candidate biomarkers for the Oncology TA. This individual will build, analyze, and interpret biological networks from disparate data sources.
The Senior Scientist, Computational Biology, Oncology Translational Research will perform real-time bioinformatics and statistical analysis, visualization, and data interpretation for Oncology Disease Area Strongholds (DAS). This individual will use statistical and machine learning methods to identify prognostic and predictive biomarker signatures from high dimensional biological data. He/she will integrate data from external (e.g. NCBI Entrez, NCBI GEO, TCGA/ICGC, dbGaP/EGA, UCSC Genome Browser, Ingenuity) and internal sources, including clinical biomarker data. He/she may also evaluate and develop novel algorithms and approaches for data analysis.
• Communicate results to bench scientists, clinicians, and management in an appropriate biological context.
• Participates in Disease Area Stronghold meetings and proactively support related Bioinformatics and Computational Biology projects.
• Maintain compliance with all internal requirements for data integrity and reproducible research, actively interface with the internal and external scientific and technical community, and participate in technology evaluations and software/database usage training.
• A Master’s Degree in Computational Biology, Biostatistics or related field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience working on bioinformatics projects OR a Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics or related field with 3 years postdoc or industry experience working on bioinformatics projects is required.
• Prior work experience in a computational biology, bioinformatics or related setting is required.
• Emphasis on clinical biomarker analysis is preferred.
• Experience in one or more of the following is required: high dimensional data integration, gene expression analysis, next generation sequencing analysis, survival analysis, and/or biological network inference.
• Proficiency with classification and machine learning methods is preferred.
• Statistical analysis experience with working knowledge of regression analysis, multivariate data analysis, and linear/nonlinear mixed effects modeling is preferred.
• Strong R programming skills are required.
• Experience with BioConductor is preferred.
• Scripting language experience (e.g. Perl or Python) is preferred.
• Working experience in Unix/Linux environment is required. Other high-level programming (Java, C++, etc.) and database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) experience is preferred. Oncology experience is preferred.
• Biological background is preferred.
Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)