I am trying to run DADA2 on my local machine, and for install I need Biostrings >=2.42.1. However, whenever I try to update Biostrings it automatically tries URL 'http://bioconductor.org/packages/3.0/bioc/src/contrib/Biostrings_2.34.1.tar.gz'. I've tried upgrading Bioconductor and RStudio, but neither helped. I have also tried downloading the tar.gz files for Biostrings 2.46.0 and installing it with both the the GUI and
install.packages("~/path/to/Biostrings/", repos = NULL, type = "source")
But doing either led to Biostrings failing to be compiled. Any ideas on how I can successfully upgrade Biostrings, or get around this dependency somehow and install DADA2 regardless? Thanks!
p.s. Sorry, I'm still very new to R....
Here is my session info:
R version 3.4.2 (2017-09-28) Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit) Running under: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS Matrix products: default BLAS: /usr/lib/openblas-base/libblas.so.3 LAPACK: /usr/lib/lapack/liblapack.so.3.0 locale:  LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 LC_NUMERIC=C LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8 LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8  LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8 LC_NAME=C  LC_ADDRESS=C LC_TELEPHONE=C LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C attached base packages:  stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base other attached packages:  BiocInstaller_1.16.5 loaded via a namespace (and not attached):  compiler_3.4.2 tools_3.4.2 yaml_2.2.0