Eurac Research is looking for a
Postdoctoral researcher in Computational Metabolomics
The Institute for Biomedicine is seeking a highly motivated researcher to join the Computational Metabolomics team. The Institute for Biomedicine is home to an international and interdisciplinary team of scientists, students and support staff, integrated in an excellent network of international and national partners. Living and working in Bozen/Bolzano allows you to experience a unique combination of alpine and Mediterranean culture right at the heart of one of the most exciting mountain regions in Europe. The Institute for Biomedicine is running the Cooperative Health Research in South Tyrol (CHRIS) study, a population-based study on cardiometabolic and neurological health of 13,000 general population subjects [Pattaro et al 2015] that excels with a high participation rate from complete families. From this population study, targeted (Biocrates p180) and LC-MS-based untargeted metabolomics data are available for 7,500 and 5,000 individuals, respectively. The Computational Metabolomics group focuses, besides contributing to the xcms and MSnbase Bioconductor packages for untargeted metabolomics and mass spectrometry data processing, on the analysis of these and other metabolomics data sets generated at the Institute. The suc- cessful candidate will perform metabolomics data analyses, contribute to software development and is expected to write scientific articles.
- Analyze large scale targeted and untargeted metabolomics data sets.
- Investigate metabolic profiles in relation to family structure within a population study-based data set.
- Identify metabolic profiles related to health, lifestyle and nutrition.
- Integration of metabolomics and genotype data.
- Annotation and identification of features identified by LC-MS experiments.
- Implement and extend software for the analysis of untargeted metabolomics data.
- Present results and/or software at international conferences.
- Write scientific articles.
- PhD or equivalent with experience in computational biology, bioinformatics, metabolomics, analytical chemistry or a related field.
- Experience in the analysis of LC-MS-based metabolomics data.
- Proficient R-software usage. Software development skills are beneficial.
- Good communication skills; fluent in the English language.
- Team-working ability.
- A one-year full-time position with the possibility of extension.
- A collaborative work environment with multidisciplinary teams of experts from different fields of biomedical research.
- Access to cutting-edge data and computational resources.
- Attractive living and working conditions.
See http://www.eurac.edu/en/aboutus/Jobs/Pages/Postdoctoral-researcher-in-Computational-Metabolomics_21-02-2019.aspx for information on how to apply.