Search
Question: SRAdb: differences between the database and the NCBI website
0
gravatar for Ben Woodcroft
5.4 years ago by
Ben Woodcroft40 wrote:
Hi, I noticed that some entries in sradb do not contain the same data as I would have expected in the sra table. For instance SRR205889. In SRAmetadb.sqlite, many of the data in both the SRA and the experiment tables are null (take for example platform, which should the 'LS454'), when on the NCBI website there are details filled in: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sra?term=SRR205889 Similarly for at least these runs (I've more if required): ERR047650 SRR096790 Given this isn't the first time I've asked for your help, I thought I'd contribute something back. Basically, I took the data in the col_desc table and made it into a wiki page, available here: https://github.com/wwood/bioruby-sra/wiki/MetadatabaseSchema (I'm in the process of creating a Ruby interface to the db, bioruby- sra, given the db's usefulness, and how little R seems to like me). Yes, I tend to fanboyism from time to time. Thanks, ben -- Ben Woodcroft http://ecogenomic.org/users/ben-woodcroft <http: www.ecogenomic.org=""/> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
ADD COMMENTlink written 5.4 years ago by Ben Woodcroft40
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 2.2.0
Traffic: 117 users visited in the last hour