Question: Re: fileBrowser
0
gravatar for John Zhang
17.6 years ago by
John Zhang2.9k
John Zhang2.9k wrote:
>From: "Rafael A. Irizarry" <ririzarr@jhsph.edu> >X-Sender: ririzarr@biosun08 >To: biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch >MIME-version: 1.0 >Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT >Subject: (no subject) >X-BeenThere: biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch >X-Mailman-Version: 2.0.2 >List-Help: <mailto:biocore-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=help> >List-Post: <mailto:biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch> >List-Subscribe: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" listinfo="" biocore="">, <mailto:biocore-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=subscribe> >List-Id: Developers in the Bioconductor project <biocore.stat.math.ethz.ch> >List-Unsubscribe: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" listinfo="" biocore="">, <mailto:biocore-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe> >List-Archive: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" private="" biocore=""/> >Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 14:18:57 -0500 (EST) > >hi! some comments about the fileBrowser function. > >1 - is it possible to have an argumet, say showdirs=F, that lets you >decide if you want to see directories or not. i would usually want to only >see files. That can be done if we want to. > >2 - is is possible to have an argument, say text="", that lets you add >test that will apear on the widget? for example i would have it say >"choose ond cdf file and any cel file you want to read in" Has been done. fileBrowser now takes another parameter - textToShow - that will be displayed on the GUI. > >_______________________________________________ >Biocore mailing list >Biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch >http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/biocore
gui cdf • 738 views
ADD COMMENTlink modified 17.6 years ago by Anthony Rossini530 • written 17.6 years ago by John Zhang2.9k
Answer: Re: fileBrowser
0
gravatar for Anthony Rossini
17.6 years ago by
Anthony Rossini530 wrote:
On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Rafael A. Irizarry wrote: > regarding the directories, another possiblity is to have 3 windows: > 1-directories, 2-files, and 3-chosen files. Too bad it isn't a simple matter to "describe" directory layouts, i.e. via some form of simple config file that specified where experiments were described and where the corresponding types of files might be present. This would restrict the above solution to a more manageable starting point. i.e. ExperimentDirectory=/path/to/experiment1:/path/to/experiment2/ FileNames=*wildcard.*describing?file.names:alt.name*.cdf etc... though XML could be used, instead of sh or similar variable assignment. (by simple, I mean "few minutes of coding"). For an example of what I am sort of thinking about, try Emacs's ECB (code browser), which does is configurable to add project homes for browsing and hypertext links. (but it isn't exactly, since I'm thinking of refining more for data analysis rather than project/software development). best, -tony A.J. Rossini Rsrch Asst Professor of Biostatistics rossini@u.washington.edu http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ Biostatistics/Univ. of Washington 206-543-1044 (3286=fax) (Thursdays) HIV Vaccine Trials Network/FHCRC 206-667-7025 (4812=fax) (M/Tu/W) (Friday location is generally unknown).
ADD COMMENTlink written 17.6 years ago by Anthony Rossini530
Hi, What about a directory tree? and a file window for the selected directory. Nicholas On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Anthony Rossini wrote: > On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Rafael A. Irizarry wrote: > > > regarding the directories, another possiblity is to have 3 windows: > > 1-directories, 2-files, and 3-chosen files. > > Too bad it isn't a simple matter to "describe" directory layouts, i.e. > via some form of simple config file that specified where experiments were described and where the corresponding types of files might be present. This would restrict the above solution to a more manageable starting point. > > i.e. > > ExperimentDirectory=/path/to/experiment1:/path/to/experiment2/ > FileNames=*wildcard.*describing?file.names:alt.name*.cdf > > > etc... though XML could be used, instead of sh or similar variable assignment. > > (by simple, I mean "few minutes of coding"). > > For an example of what I am sort of thinking about, try Emacs's ECB (code browser), which does is configurable to add project homes for browsing and hypertext links. (but it isn't exactly, since I'm thinking of refining more for data analysis rather than project/software development). > > best, > -tony > > > > > > > > > A.J. Rossini Rsrch Asst Professor of Biostatistics > rossini@u.washington.edu http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ > Biostatistics/Univ. of Washington 206-543-1044 (3286=fax) (Thursdays) > HIV Vaccine Trials Network/FHCRC 206-667-7025 (4812=fax) (M/Tu/W) > (Friday location is generally unknown). > > > > _______________________________________________ > Bioconductor mailing list > Bioconductor@stat.math.ethz.ch > http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/bioconductor > CH3 | N Nicholas Lewin-Koh / \ Dept of Statistics N----C C==O Program in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology || || | Iowa State University || || | Ames, IA 50011 CH C N--CH3 http://www.public.iastate.edu/~nlewin \ / \ / nlewin@iastate.edu N C | || Currently CH3 O Graphics Lab School of Computing National University of Singapore The Real Part of Coffee kohnicho@comp.nus.edu.sg
ADD REPLYlink written 17.6 years ago by Nicholas Lewin-Koh10
>>>>> "nl" == Nicholas Lewin-Koh <kohnicho@comp.nus.edu.sg> writes: nl> Hi, nl> What about a directory tree? and a file window for the selected directory. That's 2/5th of ECB :-). But we still need it for bioconductor. best, -tony -- A.J. Rossini Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics U. of Washington Biostatistics rossini@u.washington.edu FHCRC/SCHARP/HIV Vaccine Trials Net rossini@scharp.org -------------- http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ ---------------- FHCRC: M-W: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email UW: Th: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286)|Change last 4 digits of phone to FAX (my friday location is usually completely unpredictable.)
ADD REPLYlink written 17.6 years ago by Anthony Rossini530
Answer: Re: fileBrowser
0
gravatar for John Zhang
17.6 years ago by
John Zhang2.9k
John Zhang2.9k wrote:
>From: "Rafael A. Irizarry" <ririzarr@jhsph.edu> >Subject: Re: (no subject) >X-Sender: ririzarr@biosun08 >To: Robert Gentleman <rgentlem@jimmy.harvard.edu> >Cc: biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch >MIME-version: 1.0 >Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT >X-BeenThere: biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch >X-Mailman-Version: 2.0.2 >List-Help: <mailto:biocore-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=help> >List-Post: <mailto:biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch> >List-Subscribe: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" listinfo="" biocore="">, <mailto:biocore-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=subscribe> >List-Id: Developers in the Bioconductor project <biocore.stat.math.ethz.ch> >List-Unsubscribe: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" listinfo="" biocore="">, <mailto:biocore-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe> >List-Archive: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" private="" biocore=""/> >Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 14:59:32 -0500 (EST) > >i agree that sometimes the dirs are sometimes necesary. thats why i >suggest we implement an option, say 'showdirs=T' > >btw, i forgot to mention that on the system where im testing this (redhat >7.1 running R 1.5) if you select a directory nothing happens. If you double click a directory, you will go into that directory. Single click only allows you to choose that directory. >On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Robert Gentleman wrote: > >> On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 02:18:57PM -0500, Rafael A. Irizarry wrote: >> > hi! some comments about the fileBrowser function. >> > >> > 1 - is it possible to have an argumet, say showdirs=F, that lets you >> > decide if you want to see directories or not. i would usually want to only >> > see files. >> >> The problem with that is: how do you navigate? If you get the >> working directory right all is well and good -- otherwise you're >> toast. Jianhua did this in some of the early versions and it could >> be reinstated. >> >> If you think about the example below, usually I have the cdf files >> in one place and the cel files in another -- I want to select both >> at one time == navigation >> >> > >> > 2 - is is possible to have an argument, say text="", that lets you add >> > test that will apear on the widget? for example i would have it say >> > "choose ond cdf file and any cel file you want to read in" >> > >> That should be pretty straight forward. >> >> Instructions: (paste your text here). >> >> >> good ideas -- thanks Rafael. >> (but please -- bioconductor is the place for discussions) >> >> >> >> > _______________________________________________ >> > Biocore mailing list >> > Biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch >> > http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/biocore >> >> -- >> +------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------+ >> | Robert Gentleman phone : (617) 632-5250 | >> | Associate Professor fax: (617) 632-2444 | >> | Department of Biostatistics office: M1B28 >> | Harvard School of Public Health email: rgentlem@jimmy.dfci.harvard.edu | >> +------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------+ >> > >_______________________________________________ >Biocore mailing list >Biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch >http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/biocore
ADD COMMENTlink written 17.6 years ago by John Zhang2.9k
Answer: Re: fileBrowser
0
gravatar for Rafael A. Irizarry
17.6 years ago by
Rafael A. Irizarry640 wrote:
regarding the directories, another possiblity is to have 3 windows: 1-directories, 2-files, and 3-chosen files. On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, John Zhang wrote: > > >From: "Rafael A. Irizarry" <ririzarr@jhsph.edu> > >X-Sender: ririzarr@biosun08 > >To: biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch > >MIME-version: 1.0 > >Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT > >Subject: (no subject) > >X-BeenThere: biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch > >X-Mailman-Version: 2.0.2 > >List-Help: <mailto:biocore-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=help> > >List-Post: <mailto:biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch> > >List-Subscribe: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" listinfo="" biocore="">, > <mailto:biocore-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=subscribe> > >List-Id: Developers in the Bioconductor project <biocore.stat.math.ethz.ch> > >List-Unsubscribe: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" listinfo="" biocore="">, > <mailto:biocore-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe> > >List-Archive: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" private="" biocore=""/> > >Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 14:18:57 -0500 (EST) > > > >hi! some comments about the fileBrowser function. > > > >1 - is it possible to have an argumet, say showdirs=F, that lets you > >decide if you want to see directories or not. i would usually want to only > >see files. > > That can be done if we want to. > > > >2 - is is possible to have an argument, say text="", that lets you add > >test that will apear on the widget? for example i would have it say > >"choose ond cdf file and any cel file you want to read in" > > Has been done. fileBrowser now takes another parameter - textToShow - that will > be displayed on the GUI. > > > > >_______________________________________________ > >Biocore mailing list > >Biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch > >http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/biocore > > _______________________________________________ > Bioconductor mailing list > Bioconductor@stat.math.ethz.ch > http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/bioconductor >
ADD COMMENTlink written 17.6 years ago by Rafael A. Irizarry640
Answer: Re: fileBrowser
0
gravatar for John Zhang
17.6 years ago by
John Zhang2.9k
John Zhang2.9k wrote:
>From: "Rafael A. Irizarry" <ririzarr@jhsph.edu> >Subject: Re: [BioC] Re: fileBrowser >X-Sender: ririzarr@biosun08 >To: John Zhang <jzhang@jimmy.harvard.edu> >Cc: rafa@jhu.edu, bioconductor@stat.math.ethz.ch >MIME-version: 1.0 >Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT >X-BeenThere: bioconductor@stat.math.ethz.ch >X-Mailman-Version: 2.0.2 >List-Help: <mailto:bioconductor- request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject="help"> >List-Post: <mailto:bioconductor@stat.math.ethz.ch> >List-Subscribe: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" listinfo="" bioconductor="">, <mailto:bioconductor-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=subscribe> >List-Id: The Bioconductor Project Mailing List <bioconductor.stat.math.ethz.ch> >List-Unsubscribe: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" listinfo="" bioconductor="">, <mailto:bioconductor-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe> >List-Archive: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" pipermail="" bioconductor=""/> >Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 15:27:45 -0500 (EST) > >regarding the directories, another possiblity is to have 3 windows: >1-directories, 2-files, and 3-chosen files. I personally will not be bothered by seeing directories together with other files in the same window. That is commonly done by other applications as well. I am not sure if it is worthwile to put a third window just for the directories. > >On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, John Zhang wrote: > >> >> >From: "Rafael A. Irizarry" <ririzarr@jhsph.edu> >> >X-Sender: ririzarr@biosun08 >> >To: biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch >> >MIME-version: 1.0 >> >Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT >> >Subject: (no subject) >> >X-BeenThere: biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch >> >X-Mailman-Version: 2.0.2 >> >List-Help: <mailto:biocore-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=help> >> >List-Post: <mailto:biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch> >> >List-Subscribe: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" listinfo="" biocore="">, >> <mailto:biocore-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=subscribe> >> >List-Id: Developers in the Bioconductor project <biocore.stat.math.ethz.ch> >> >List-Unsubscribe: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" listinfo="" biocore="">, >> <mailto:biocore-request@stat.math.ethz.ch?subject=unsubscribe> >> >List-Archive: <http: www.stat.math.ethz.ch="" mailman="" private="" biocore=""/> >> >Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 14:18:57 -0500 (EST) >> > >> >hi! some comments about the fileBrowser function. >> > >> >1 - is it possible to have an argumet, say showdirs=F, that lets you >> >decide if you want to see directories or not. i would usually want to only >> >see files. >> >> That can be done if we want to. >> > >> >2 - is is possible to have an argument, say text="", that lets you add >> >test that will apear on the widget? for example i would have it say >> >"choose ond cdf file and any cel file you want to read in" >> >> Has been done. fileBrowser now takes another parameter - textToShow - that will >> be displayed on the GUI. >> >> > >> >_______________________________________________ >> >Biocore mailing list >> >Biocore@stat.math.ethz.ch >> >http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/biocore >> >> _______________________________________________ >> Bioconductor mailing list >> Bioconductor@stat.math.ethz.ch >> http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/bioconductor >> > >_______________________________________________ >Bioconductor mailing list >Bioconductor@stat.math.ethz.ch >http://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/bioconductor
ADD COMMENTlink written 17.6 years ago by John Zhang2.9k
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 16.09
Traffic: 143 users visited in the last hour