The Department of Biomedicine (DBM) at the University of Basel and University Hospital Basel is seeking a Ph.D. level bioinformatician to join the Bioinformatics Core Facility. The position is initially limited to two years with a possibility for permanent extension. The Bioinformatics Core Facility provides a centralized resource of expertise in computational biology and statistics, available to all researchers at the DBM. The facility focuses on analysis and visualization of large-scale biological datasets and also provides training in bioinformatics.
- bioinformatics support to our scientists
- consultancy in the design of high-throughput genomic experiments
- computational analysis of large scale biomedical data (including differential expression/RNAseq, protein-DNA interaction/ChIP-seq, chromatin conformation/4Cseq, mutation analysis/resequencing)
- contribution to interpretation of the results, both independently and in collaboration with other staff
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a quantitative field such as computational biology, physics or mathematics with strong interest in biology
- sound statistical knowledge and fluent programming skills in R/Bioconductor are essential
- at least two years professional hands-on experience with next generation sequence data analysis
- basic knowledge of UNIX-like operating systems are required
- excellent teamwork/collaboration skills
- proficiency in written and spoken English
We offer you
- stimulating, challenging and multifaceted research environment
- possibility for continued education and training
- attractive employment conditions
- centrally located and family friendly work place
The position is available immediately or upon agreement.
Application / Contact
For informal inquiries please contact Dr. Robert Ivanek (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications including a CV highlighting relevant research experience, a cover letter and contact details of three referees should be submitted preferably electronically to Dr. Robert Ivanek,
email: email@example.com, Department of Biomedicine,
University of Basel, Hebelstrasse 20, 4031 Basel.
The Department of Biomedicine unites basic and clinical laboratory-based research of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Basel. With over 700 researchers from over 40 countries, the DBM is an important pillar of the Basel life sciences community. For more details, please visit our website: https://biomedizin.unibas.ch