The position is available immediately or upon agreement and currently limited to one year.
The Department of Biomedicine (DBM) is seeking a Ph.D. level bioinformatician to join its Bioinformatics Core Facility. The DBM Bioinformatics Core Facility is a centralized resource of expertise for the analysis and visualization of large-scale biological datasets, available to all researchers at the DBM.
- consultancy in the design of high-throughput experiments
- computational analysis of -omics experiments, including expression studies (using "bulk" and single-cell RNA-seq) and gene regulation studies (ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, BS-seq, DNA variants calling)
- set up robust and reproducible workflows to standardize analyses
- integration of multi-omics datasets
- help with data interpretation and contribution to manuscript writing
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as computational biology, statistics, physics, or mathematics with strong interest in biology
- demonstrated experience in analyzing next-generation sequencing or other high-throughput biological datasets
- experience with analysis of high-throughput proteomics experiments and/or with spatial transcriptomics is a plus
- sound statistical knowledge and fluent programming skills using R/Bioconductor are essential
- excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- proficiency in written and spoken English
We offer you
- a stimulating, challenging and multifaceted research environment
- good integration into local and national bioinformatics community (the DBM Bioinformatics Core Facility is part of the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics).
- possibilities for continued education and training
- attractive employment conditions Workplace centrally located in Basel A good work-life balance and an equal opportunities environment
Application / Contact
For informal inquiries please contact Dr. Robert Ivanek (robert.ivanek 'at' unibas.ch). Applications including a CV highlighting relevant research experience, a cover letter explicitly detailing why you're interested in the position, and contact details of three referees should be submitted online: https://biped2.dbm.unibas.ch/apply/bioinformatician