The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH, funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, is recruiting a
Bioinformatician (m/f/d) (#CFBIO17)
IMB (www.imb.de) is a research centre on the campus of Mainz University, Germany. It is generously funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. Our research focuses on the biology of the cell nucleus and ranges from the molecular level to organismic, systems and computational approaches. Researchers at IMB are supported by strong core facilities that offer state-of-the-art services in bioinformatics, cytometry, genomics, histology & microscopy, proteomics and protein production. The Bioinformatics Core Facility is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Bioinformatician (m/f/d) to join their core facility team as a staff scientist.
- Support IMB researchers and external collaborators in the planning, analysis, interpretation, presentation and publication of diverse NGS and other omics data sets
- Contribute to the development of data analysis workflows and pipelines
- Provide bioinformatics consulting and software training to junior researchers
- University degree (MSc/PhD) or advanced training in bioinformatics
- Extensive and broad experience in the computational analysis of NGS datasets
- Familiarity with Linux environment, version control and compute clusters
- Solid programming skills and knowledge of statistical methods
- Profound experience with R / Bioconductor for omics data analysis
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English
- Experience in interdisciplinary collaborations or bioinformatics services
- Knowledge of machine learning methods and NGS pipeline development
- Stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- Involvement in cutting-edge projects and in-depth collaborations
- Flexible working model and advanced training opportunities
- Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
To apply, please send a single PDF file containing your cover letter, CV, certificates and contact information of at least two professional references quoting Ref. No. CFBIO17 to hr(at)imb-mainz.de. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Duration: initial contract for two years with an option for permanent employment
Application Deadline: January 16, 2022
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at https://www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection.