"Paired-end reads were detected in single-end read library"
1
0
Entering edit mode
Chise ▴ 10
@9cb59de3
Last seen 24 months ago
United States

Hello, I am using "featureCounts" in Rsubread package for analyzing bulk RNA-seq of drosophila. Since there is no inbuilt annotations of drosophila, I am trying to use a gtf file in the homepage of iGenomes (dm6).

I made bam files using Rsubread referring to dm6, then I tried to use the following codes.

library(Rsubread)
library(limma)
library(edgeR)
targets <- readTargets("wholeflyseq.txt")
fc <- featureCounts(files=targets$OutputFile,annot.ext="genes.gtf",isGTFAnnotationFile=TRUE)

(genes.gtf is in Drosophila_melanogaster/UCSC/dm6/Annotation/Genes/genes.gtf.)

Then, there was an error message as follows.

Paired-end reads were detected in single-end read library

Actually, when I made bam files using Rsubread, there were both "properly paired" and "not properly paired" fragments. I would appreciate it if you could inform me of how to deal with this error.

Also, I am not sure if the annotation gtf file I used is appropriate or not in this case. If there is any other recommendation of the annotation files, I am grateful if you could let me informed.

featureCounts Rsubread • 6.4k views
ADD COMMENT
2
Entering edit mode
ATpoint ★ 4.2k
@atpoint-13662
Last seen 18 hours ago
Germany

Try isPairedEnd=TRUE

ADD COMMENT
0
Entering edit mode

Thank you so much for your advice! It worked!

ADD REPLY

Login before adding your answer.

Traffic: 1316 users visited in the last hour
Help About
FAQ
Access RSS
API
Stats

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Powered by the version 2.3.6