A postdoc position is available in the laboratory of Prof. Momo Bentires-Alj (https://bentireslab.org/) at the Department of Biomedicine (DBM) in Basel, Switzerland.
The __DBM is an international institute__ pursuing basic, translational and clinical research, with access to cutting-edge core facilities.
Selected publications of our lab include:
- Cessation of CCL2 inhibition accelerates breast cancer metastasis by promoting angiogenesis. Bonapace L, et al., Nature 2014.
- PIK3CAH1047R induces multipotency and multi-lineage mammary tumors. Koren S, et al., Nature 2015.
- Hippo kinases LATS1/2 control human breast cell fate via crosstalk with ERα. Britschgi A, et al., Nature 2017.
- Glucocorticoids promote breast cancer metastasis. Obradović MMS, et al. Nature 2019.
The successful candidate will analyze high throughput data from next-generation sequencing, proteomics, and, as a plus, microscopy. Experience in machine learning, deep learning, and/or statistical modeling is required. Fluent programming skills in R/Bioconductor and/or python are essential.<h3>Your profile:</h3>
- Highly motivated and creative
- PhD in a quantitative field such as computational biology, physics or mathematics
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing next-generation sequencing, proteomics and (optionally) imaging data
- Interest in molecular and cellular mechanisms of breast cancer and metastasis
- Interest in personalized medicine
- Curious, well-organized, and independent
- Team player aptitude in an international and interdisciplinary research group and department
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Affiliation with the Department of Biomedicine and Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
- Integration into local bioinformatics community
- A stimulating, challenging, and interdisciplinary translational research project
- State-of-the-art technologies and core facilities • A dynamic, international, and supportive research team
Please use this link https://biped2.dbm.unibas.ch/apply/computationalcancerbiology to upload your CV, a summary of your research experience, your scientific interests, and the contact details of three referees.
Application deadline: applications will be reviewed as they arrive.