The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH
funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation
is recruiting a
The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation. IMB is located at the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany and offers premium scientific core facilities (see www.imb-mainz.de/core-facilities). The Bioinformatics Core Facility supports IMB researchers in the computational analysis of genomic data generated in the course of research projects. We are looking for a highly motivated Bioinformatician (m/f) with enthusiasm for academic research to join our team and support a newly formed Collaborative Research Centre, CRC 1361, on the topic “Regulation of DNA Repair and Genome Stability”, funded by the German Research Foundation DFG (see https://www.imb.de/about-imb/news).
• Join exciting CRC projects studying the mechanisms of DNA repair and genome stability
• Participate in the experimental planning, processing, interpretation and publication of various genomic, epigenomic and transcriptomic next-generation sequencing (NGS) datasets
• Develop and implement custom bioinformatics workflows for data analysis and integration
• University degree or postgraduate training in computational biology / bioinformatics
• Extensive and broad experience in the computational analysis of NGS datasets
• Solid programming skills and familiarity with Linux compute clusters
• Sound knowledge of statistics, version control and R / Bioconductor
• Good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• Experience in interdisciplinary collaborations or bioinformatics services
• Knowledge of software engineering and bioinformatics pipelines
• Stimulating, diverse and international research environment
• Flexible working hours and advanced training opportunities
• Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
To apply, please send a single PDF file containing your cover letter, CV, certificates and contact information of at least two professional references quoting Ref. No. CFBIO15 to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Duration: initial contract for four years with the possibility of extension
Application Deadline: 20th January 2019
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.