Problems with cholesky decomposition in pRoloc package
Entering edit mode
robinkretz • 0
Last seen 2.5 years ago

Hi, I'm using the pRoloc package to train an TAGM-MCMC model on a proteome data set. For this a Markov Chain Monte Carlo simulation is used via the tagmMcmcTrain() function. However, if I try to run the simulation, an error message occurs:

 > tagm_params <- tagmMcmcTrain(data, fcol = "localization", numIter = 15000, burnin = 4000, thin = 10, numChains = 4)

error: chol(): decomposition failed
Fehler: BiocParallel errors
  element index: 1, 2, 3, 4
  first error: chol(): decomposition failed

I understand, that the problem roots in the covariance matrix not being positive definite. I confirmed this by calculating the eigenvalues of the covariance Matrix. I can correct this by calculating the nearest positive definite covariance matrix by using the nearPD() function. But how can I pass this corrected covariance matrix to the tagmMcmcTrain function?

Thank you very much in advance!

pRoloc machine learning cholesky • 487 views
Entering edit mode
Last seen 2 days ago

Could you provide the output of sessionInfo please. This was addressed end of last year, which should be available in the latest devel (version 1.23.1).

Entering edit mode
robinkretz • 0
Last seen 2.5 years ago

Yes sure, sorry I forgot that.

R version 3.5.1 (2018-07-02)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 17134)

Matrix products: default

[1] LC_COLLATE=German_Germany.1252  LC_CTYPE=German_Germany.1252   
[3] LC_MONETARY=German_Germany.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C                   
[5] LC_TIME=German_Germany.1252    

attached base packages:
[1] stats4    parallel  stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets 
[8] methods   base     

other attached packages:
 [1] pRoloc_1.22.1        BiocParallel_1.16.6  MLInterfaces_1.62.0 
 [4] cluster_2.0.7-1      annotate_1.60.1      XML_3.98-1.19       
 [7] AnnotationDbi_1.44.0 IRanges_2.16.0       MSnbase_2.8.3       
[10] ProtGenerics_1.14.0  S4Vectors_0.20.1     mzR_2.16.2          
[13] Rcpp_1.0.0           Biobase_2.42.0       BiocGenerics_0.28.0 

loaded via a namespace (and not attached):
  [1] snow_0.4-3            plyr_1.8.4            igraph_1.2.4         
  [4] lazyeval_0.2.1        splines_3.5.1         ggvis_0.4.4          
  [7] crosstalk_1.0.0       ggplot2_3.1.0         digest_0.6.18        
 [10] foreach_1.4.4         htmltools_0.3.6       viridis_0.5.1        
 [13] gdata_2.18.0          magrittr_1.5          memoise_1.1.0        
 [16] doParallel_1.0.14     mixtools_1.1.0        sfsmisc_1.1-3        
 [19] limma_3.38.3          recipes_0.1.4         gower_0.2.0          
 [22] rda_1.0.2-2.1         lpSolve_5.6.13        prettyunits_1.0.2    
 [25] colorspace_1.4-0      blob_1.1.1            xfun_0.5             
 [28] dplyr_0.8.0.1         crayon_1.3.4          RCurl_1.95-4.12      
 [31] hexbin_1.27.2         genefilter_1.64.0     impute_1.56.0        
 [34] survival_2.42-3       iterators_1.0.10      glue_1.3.0           
 [37] gtable_0.2.0          ipred_0.9-8           zlibbioc_1.28.0      
 [40] kernlab_0.9-27        prabclus_2.2-7        DEoptimR_1.0-8       
 [43] scales_1.0.0          vsn_3.50.0            mvtnorm_1.0-10       
 [46] DBI_1.0.0             viridisLite_0.3.0     xtable_1.8-3         
 [49] progress_1.2.0        bit_1.1-14            proxy_0.4-23         
 [52] mclust_5.4.2          preprocessCore_1.44.0 lava_1.6.5           
 [55] prodlim_2018.04.18    sampling_2.8          htmlwidgets_1.3      
 [58] httr_1.4.0            threejs_0.3.1         FNN_1.1.3            
 [61] RColorBrewer_1.1-2    fpc_2.1-11.1          modeltools_0.2-22    
 [64] pkgconfig_2.0.2       flexmix_2.3-15        nnet_7.3-12          
 [67] caret_6.0-81          tidyselect_0.2.5      rlang_0.3.1          
 [70] reshape2_1.4.3        later_0.8.0           munsell_0.5.0        
 [73] mlbench_2.1-1         tools_3.5.1           LaplacesDemon_16.1.1 
 [76] generics_0.0.2        RSQLite_2.1.1         pls_2.7-0            
 [79] stringr_1.4.0         mzID_1.20.1           ModelMetrics_1.2.2   
 [82] knitr_1.22            bit64_0.9-7           robustbase_0.93-3    
 [85] randomForest_4.6-14   purrr_0.3.1           dendextend_1.9.0     
 [88] ncdf4_1.16.1          nlme_3.1-137          whisker_0.3-2        
 [91] mime_0.6              biomaRt_2.38.0        compiler_3.5.1       
 [94] e1071_1.7-0.1         affyio_1.52.0         tibble_2.0.1         
 [97] stringi_1.3.1         lattice_0.20-35       trimcluster_0.1-2.1  
[100] Matrix_1.2-14         gbm_2.1.5             pillar_1.3.1         
[103] BiocManager_1.30.4    MALDIquant_1.18       data.table_1.12.0    
[106] bitops_1.0-6          httpuv_1.4.5.1        R6_2.4.0             
[109] pcaMethods_1.74.0     affy_1.60.0           hwriter_1.3.2        
[112] promises_1.0.1        gridExtra_2.3         codetools_0.2-15     
[115] MASS_7.3-50           gtools_3.8.1          assertthat_0.2.0     
[118] withr_2.1.2           diptest_0.75-7        hms_0.4.2            
[121] grid_3.5.1            rpart_4.1-13          timeDate_3043.102    
[124] coda_0.19-2           class_7.3-14          segmented_0.5-3.0    
[127] shiny_1.2.0           lubridate_1.7.4       base64enc_0.1-3
Entering edit mode

Thank you. I will need to check if it was backported correctly - will do that at work this morning. In the meantime, you could try to install the latest version with BiocManager::install("lgatto/pRoloc").

Entering edit mode

So I installed the latest version and it's working! Thank you very much!



Login before adding your answer.

Traffic: 229 users visited in the last hour
Help About
Access RSS

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Powered by the version 2.3.6