The Department of Experimental and Health Sciences (DCEXS) of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) aims to fill two Tenure-Track Group Leader positions in the fields of Computational Biology and Biological Chemistry. We encourage applications from outstanding scientists working in any area within these two fields. These include, but are not limited to, in the case of computational biology: biological image analysis, single-cell transcriptomics data analysis, multi-omics data integration, mathematical modeling of biological processes, biostatistics and computational systems biology, among others. In the case of biological chemistry: peptide chemistry (including synthesis of bioactive compounds and vaccines), proteomics, de novo protein design, optochemistry and molecular modeling.
Successful candidates will be highly accomplished scientists with a PhD in a relevant field and a strong capacity for interdisciplinary research. The future group leaders will be expected to attract research funds, supervise doctoral theses, and actively engage in teaching computational biology and biological chemistry courses, respectively, in our undergraduate and graduate programs. Selected applicants will be expected to collaborate with the other research groups of the department in scientific projects of common interest. Additionally, the Computational Biology Group Leader will act as scientific advisor of the department’s Core Facility of Scientific Computing (SIT).
- Tenure track position that can be consolidated to a permanent faculty position depending on external peer-review.
- Startup package covering the salary of a PhD student or technician, consumables, laboratory/computing equipment, and access to our scientific facilities.
- Office/Lab space for 5-7 people.
- Envisaged start date: from September 2022 onwards.
Applications must be submitted through the Interfolio website:
- Link for the position in Computational Biology: http://apply.interfolio.com/99605
- Link for the position in Biological Chemistry: http://apply.interfolio.com/99606
Applications should include:
- Motivation letter, describing explicitly how your research goals fit with those of DCEXS.
- Curriculum vitae, including the information listed in the guidelines below.
- List of 5 selected publications, with a brief description of each of them.
- Brief proposal of your future research plans at DCEXS (max. 2 pages) Please include an estimate of the equipment and facilities needed for your research
- Contact details of 3 referees.
Application deadline: applications should be submitted by February 28, 2022.
Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview to be held in May 2022, either remotely or in person at the DCEXS in Barcelona, depending on the public-health situation.
Please consult the following link for more information and CV guidelines.
Contact: Dr. Regina Lopez (email@example.com), for inquiries about these two job positions. Applications sent by email will not be accepted.