Good evening everyone!
I'm experiencing problems with installation of packages and would be grateful for any help. I need a package to enable download of data from TCGA, and I've tried with both TCGAbiolinks and RTCGAToolbox. As described on the software package page, I've written the following to initiate the installation:
if (!requireNamespace("BiocManager", quietly = TRUE)) + install.packages("BiocManager") BiocManager::install("TCGAbiolinks")
But for both TCGAbiolinks and RTCGAToolbox, the same thing happens. Everything seems to work, but then I get this message:
Warning messages: 1: In install.packages(...) : installation of package ‘TCGAbiolinks’ had non-zero exit status 2: In file.copy(savedcopy, lib, recursive = TRUE) : problem copying C:\Users\ju3564li\Documents\R\win-library\4.0\00LOCK\rlang\libs\x64\rlang.dll to C:\Users\ju3564li\Documents\R\win-library\4.0\rlang\libs\x64\rlang.dll: Permission denied
I've tried Tools --> Install Packages --> and change "Install to library" to "R-4.0.0/library", but as I can't select Bioconductor as repository (CRAN and package archive file are the only options), I can't access the libraries this way.
Here is my session info:
sessioninfo() R version 4.0.0 (2020-04-24) Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit) Running under: Windows >= 8 x64 (build 9200) Matrix products: default locale:  LC_COLLATE=Swedish_Sweden.1252 LC_CTYPE=Swedish_Sweden.1252 LC_MONETARY=Swedish_Sweden.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C  LC_TIME=Swedish_Sweden.1252 attached base packages:  parallel stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base other attached packages:  RJSONIO_1.3-1.4 jsonlite_1.6.1 rjson_0.2.20 readr_1.3.1 doParallel_1.0.15 iterators_1.0.12 foreach_1.5.0 loaded via a namespace (and not attached):  bitops_1.0-6 matrixStats_0.56.0 HiveR_0.3.42 bit64_0.9-7 webshot_0.5.2  RColorBrewer_1.1-2 GenomeInfoDb_1.24.0 tools_4.0.0 utf8_1.1.4 R6_2.4.1  DBI_1.1.0 BiocGenerics_0.34.0 colorspace_1.4-1 manipulateWidget_0.10.1 tidyselect_1.0.0  gridExtra_2.3 bit_1.1-15.2 compiler_4.0.0 RISmed_2.1.7 cli_2.0.2  Biobase_2.48.0 tkrgl_0.9 xml2_1.3.2 DelayedArray_0.14.0 scales_1.1.0  stringr_1.4.0 digest_0.6.25 DOSE_3.14.0 GEOquery_2.56.0 XVector_0.28.0  jpeg_0.1-8.1 pkgconfig_2.0.3 htmltools_0.4.0 limma_3.44.1 fastmap_1.0.1  htmlwidgets_1.5.1 rlang_0.4.5 rstudioapi_0.11 RSQLite_2.2.0 shiny_126.96.36.199  crosstalk_188.8.131.52 BiocParallel_1.22.0 GOSemSim_2.14.0 dplyr_0.8.5 RCurl_1.98-1.2  magrittr_1.5 GO.db_3.11.0 GenomeInfoDbData_1.2.3 Matrix_1.2-18 fansi_0.4.1  Rcpp_184.108.40.206 munsell_0.5.0 S4Vectors_0.26.0 lifecycle_0.2.0 yaml_2.2.1  stringi_1.4.6 SummarizedExperiment_1.18.1 zlibbioc_1.34.0 plyr_1.8.6 qvalue_2.20.0  grid_4.0.0 blob_1.2.1 promises_1.1.0 DO.db_2.9 crayon_1.3.4  miniUI_0.1.1.1 lattice_0.20-41 splines_4.0.0 hms_0.5.3 knitr_1.28  pillar_1.4.4 fgsea_1.14.0 tcltk_4.0.0 GenomicRanges_1.40.0 reshape2_1.4.4  codetools_0.2-16 stats4_4.0.0 fastmatch_1.1-0 glue_1.4.0 data.table_1.12.8  BiocManager_1.30.10 png_0.1-7 vctrs_0.2.4 httpuv_1.5.2 tidyr_1.0.2  gtable_0.3.0 purrr_0.3.4 assertthat_0.2.1 ggplot2_3.3.0 xfun_0.13  mime_0.9 xtable_1.8-4 later_1.0.0 tibble_3.0.1 AnnotationDbi_1.50.0  memoise_1.1.0 IRanges_2.22.1 rgl_0.100.54 ellipsis_0.3.0
Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to fix this problem?
Best regards, Julia
Simplify the problem by (trying to) install only the problematic package
If this fails, make sure that there are no other R processes running on your computer, remove rlang
(perhaps issuing the command several times) and then try installing again.
Have you checked your installation of Bioconductor by doing
What does the
The permission denied issues may happen when you have a package library that resides in a Windows partition. I am not sure but it would be helpful if you can provide the full error message (for
RTCGAToolbox) as well as the result of above commands. Thank you.
Hi Martin and Marcel!
I'm really grateful for all this help!
I tried to reinstall
rlang, but still got error messages when trying to install
packageVersion("BiocVersion")says ‘3.11.1’ and
So apparently 5 packages are too old. I tried to re-install them separately. and tried again with
BiocManager::install("TCGAbiolinks"), and it worked!
Thank you again, this has really been worth a lot to me!